cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text receiving issue

ccheu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently joined Public and switched over my phone number on 4 days ago. I switched providers and kept my exisitng mobile number. i can make a call but i cannot receive text messages. i noticed this when i need a two step verification on some websites. It usually sends a code to my mobile. However i am not receiving these texts.

Can anyone help? thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@ccheu wrote:

Thanks @softech 

I am having issues with incoming calls. My previous provider is trying to reach me but it goes straight to my voicemail. i have called someone else as well and it goes straight to voicemail.

Please let me know what the next steps are. i will need more assistance. thankyou

@ccheu  - so possible stuck port then?

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

@ccheu 

if it is just incoming calls  an issue, then there is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

however, if you have problem with BOTH incoming and outgoing,  there is a program with the sim card provisioning as well.  Please open a ticket for PM support and tell them to check sim provisining again as well as the porting

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account) using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Contact agent ", then click "Contact Us", then click "Other", click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗""
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

ccheu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @softech 

I am having issues with incoming calls. My previous provider is trying to reach me but it goes straight to my voicemail. i have called someone else as well and it goes straight to voicemail.

Please let me know what the next steps are. i will need more assistance. thankyou

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ccheu 

you just not receive 2FA?  it is normal, it takes as many as 7 days after porting  for 2FA to all working 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ccheu 

first, do you receive any incoming calls and regular SMS (P2P) from friends? 

If you are getting incoming calls and just not 2FA texts and regular sms, it is good, at least the porting was completed successfully

For 2FA text or other system generated text (A2P), it is normal for them to start coming later.   Systems take longer to find out you changed provider and to route the text correctly to the new provider (Public Mobile).    Also, banks put this delay on purpose too to avoid SIM Fraud

Usually they will start coming around the 3rd day but it could take as many as 7 days for all the 2FA/A2P text to come.

if you are not even receiving incoming calls and friend's sms, then it is an issue with your porting, please let us know and we can advise further

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ccheu - are you receiving calls okay? If so that is a good sign the port/transfer of phone number is complete.

As for the 2FA texts, those may take about 1 week to 'find' your new account. So until then, hopefully you can manage things.

Need Help? Let's chat.