cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch phones

murpharator
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it easy to switch phones while keeping the same plan? I am looking for a new Pixel phone.

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@murpharator wrote:

Is it easy to switch phones while keeping the same plan? I am looking for a new Pixel phone.

@murpharator  -

No need to let Public Mobile know about changing to a new phone or anything; the account / phone number follows the SIM card.

SIM cards come 3-in-1 sizes.

If the SIM slot in your new phone is the same size as your old one - pop it out, then insert it into the new. Easy peasy. 

IF the slot is smaller, gently remove the outer adapters to fit.

IF the slot is larger, ask friends/family if they have spare adapters to use OR cell shops likely have them and throw them away regularly. So they could likely given them to you too.

esjliv_0-1603577624495.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@murpharator wrote:

Extremely easy.. beauty of SIM card.. just move the SIM to the new phone.. as long as the SIM fits.. it works.

But if your current SIM is bigger than the SIM tray on the new phone, check if your SIM has a pre-cut "frame" that you can remove.  If so, remove it to the correct size

what is your current phone model?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@murpharator 

your plan is with your account and is Separated from your device, you can choose whatever device you like to use and put it your SIM card on it.

Purchase Phone (publicmobile.ca)

For Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

visit  Here link, to check it all Provider in Canada about compatibility with any device..

visit Here link to you review full information for any device.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@murpharator wrote:

@murpharator 

Verify that the phone is compatible with PM ,unlocked, and not blacklisted if you buy used. The phone has nothing to do with your plan.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

As long as the sim size is the same then you can remove it from your current phone into your new one.  If it is larger then you may need to punch out the sim to fit the smaller size which is nano.

Need Help? Let's chat.