cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card data tranfer

strangestrose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi there i broke my sim card but i got a new one but i cant changhe it through self serve because i dont know my account info i went tio the kiosk and they did it for me and i cant verify or create and account because it wants to send a code to my cell phone but i dont have access to my cell right now cause there is now orking sim card so what do i do i dont want to actrivate this new one because i want to keep my number 

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@strangestrose wrote:

hi there i broke my sim card but i got a new one but i cant changhe it through self serve because i dont know my account info i went tio the kiosk and they did it for me and i cant verify or create and account because it wants to send a code to my cell phone but i dont have access to my cell right now cause there is now orking sim card so what do i do i dont want to actrivate this new one because i want to keep my number 

Hi @strangestrose ,

It sounds like you had another account created in error. Now you likely have two accounts. 

The only way you can can assistance with this is through the Public Mobile Moderators.

See @JK8 post about how to reach them.

Explain your situation to them.

@strangestrose wrote:

Store employees have no access to customer accounts.  They could not have possibily attached this SIM card to your account.  If they did something and you now need a code, that likely means that they activated a new account for you. Immediately check how much you were charged.  if this is what ended up happening, this SIM card is now useless to you as it can't be attached to your existing account after it has already been used.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@strangestrose wrote:

Contact a moderator to get your account information. Once you have that choose Change Sim Card in self service.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

ch.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.