cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming package

qw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will be buying the roaming package for $20 one day before I leave for the US. Will I be able to determine if the roaming feature works before I leave for the US?

6 REPLIES 6

qw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks

JL9
Mayor / Maire

How long are you going away? Also many people who have used it are saying T-Mobile is the better option to connect to due to the 3G issues in the US with AT&T

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@qw 

Remember that the US Roaming is only 10 days so you might want to wait until you arrive at your destination to activate the roaming.

Also, it is a two part step to purchase. 
1. Add the amount in your account.

2. Make the purchase of the Roaming package you need. 

Then follow the instructions noted by others to reboot your phone and select T-Mobile or AT&T cellular network.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi  @qw , many reason could affect it work or not. 

Generally speak, it will work.  Make sure you connect to TMobile or AT&T. 

If it really does not work, when you are back, you can open a ticket with PM CS Agent and try to ask for a refund.

If you are there long, look for local prepaid SIM instead, it is cheaper

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@qw wrote:

I will be buying the roaming package for $20 one day before I leave for the US. Will I be able to determine if the roaming feature works before I leave for the US?

I do not think there is actual check will US add-on will work in US.

But as long as you can see that package as part of your Plan (among Plan's allowances) you should be OK.

When yo get to US, reboot, activate roaming and try to connect to AT&T or T-mobile.

If you have any issues come back here and guys might have some additional advises.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@qw , the real test of the service is when you are connected to a roaming partner in the US which you cannot do until you arrive there.  Generally, if you see the roaming add-on in the overview tab in your self serve account, you are good to go.  

Need Help? Let's chat.