cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"oops something went wrong" message?

Karyathena
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am trying to add US talk/text/data. I added funds, but when i click "complete payment" i get the very uninformative "oops" message. What is going on? Then i have an account suspended message even though I have verified, automatic payments set up with a card that expires in 2028, and has ample credit left, and I have $30 surplus in my account to pay for the US plan. Also people are telling me they can't hear me on my 1 year old phone. I tested mic in video and it works fine. Is Public Mobile crashing? 

6 REPLIES 6

Karyathena

Thanks, I didn't even realize it was my renewal date and this is good to know! I wish i knew it last night! and i wish they didn't put that banner up as they're renewing! A very stressful hour was has last night!

@Karyathena   Great it works now

But FYI, if it is the plan renewal morning, do not touch it even you see it shows Suspended.  The plan renewal process is long, from midnight EST to around 8am EST.  During the time, the account will show supended, PM will do doing things during that 8 hours, apply rewards, use money from Available fund, and process Pre-authorized payments. 

So, as long as service is not interrupted, do not do anything.  There is no need to manually top up or so even if shows suspened. 

Karyathena

thank you, it's working now so it may have just been timing. Coincidentally it was my plan renewal date, but i have verified auto pay so i still think it shouldn't have happened. I found the error message vague and uninformative and im not sure the account suspended banner (and active status beside it) are helpful as the renewal is processed.

Karyathena

Thank you, i did try 2 devices and three browsers, I think it may have been the late night timing, everything is working now. I feel the error message could have said system maintenance instead of oops, which didn't tell me anything. Im keeping the number for future. thanks again

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Karyathena - can you try another device to log into your My Account? 

OR, when you call # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device see what the status says; also you can purchase or check data addons/balances this way too.

If you are on Autopay and near your renewal it is possible Autopay failed, in this case you'd need to make a manual payment either by calling that 855 number or on your My Account, then reactivate services.

Normally, i'd ask if you had any services working, and if so to ignore the My Account suspended message if today is your renewal, but since you are in the USA that is a bit trickier.

IF you did have an Autopay failure or still experiencing issues after other's suggestions, as CSA for assistance.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Karyathena 

Clear the cache and go incognito on your browser then login to your account and see if the US Roaming Add-on are in your account.

If not, try purchase the US Roaming Add-on again.

Some members claim AutoPay was disabled so just enabled AutoPay in the Payment section.

Need Help? Let's chat.