cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to complete your call. No us roaming package add on package... But I'm in London, Ontario!!

Maxoman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried to call PM Canadian number from my Canadian PM number while in London, Ontario.  Get a message that call cannot be completed because I do not have a US roaming package add-on.  But I'm in Canada, with a Canadian phone number, calling another Canadian number. Public Mobile to public mobile call.  Both my number and the number I'm calling have the same first six digits.  Maybe just a coincidence.

Tried calling another PM Canadian phone number and it works fine. Completely different area code and prefix. What's going on with public mobile?

Try the usual restarting the phone. Nothing seems to work.  Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

@Maxoman 

Public mobile is known to have various glitches and incorrect messages.  If your friend's accounts are inactive, that would explain why the call won't go through.  However, the message is still an error.  Not sure whether this is a factor, but Public mobile has been starting VoLTE services slowly for existing customers. There have been more talk issues the last several weeks.  

Maxoman

It appears that the PM customers I am trying to call (husband and wife) may not have their accounts up to date ($) .  I don't usually get this message when that happens though.  These are the only two numbers (PM or other) that I am getting this message with.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Tried everything recommended from my end.  All other calls in and out are successful.

@Maxoman   you don't see Public Mobile as a choice?

when you picked Telus, it connects?  you cannot make the call at all? or it gives you that US roaming error again?

We had a similar issue yesterday and it worked after once more phone reboot.

So, try to reboot your phone once more.  When it is back, make sure the network selection is still manual and Public Mobile is selected (or if you don't see PM,use Telus) 

tell us if it works

Maxoman

No where near the USA.  Selected Telus as network.

Maxoman

Selected Telus... Shows PM as network.  Still no calls going through.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Maxoman 

When you get that message, it's most likely because your device is trying to pick up a USA mobile network tower which it may be trying to connect to. (which is odd being in London, Ontario  🤔)

Go into you network connections, and manually select Public Mobile (or Telus) from the list of available network operators displayed as opposed to letting the device automatically detect networks.

Then try that call again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Maxoman   maybe your phone is connected to the stronger US signal

First reboot the phone and see if it can connect back to Public Mobile

If not, go to the Network selection on your phone.  Change from automatic to manual connect and pick Public Mobile as the network.  It should work that way

Need Help? Let's chat.