cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Suspend service" to "Resume service"

DSJE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I lost my phone recently so I "suspend service" through My Account. Now when I "resume service" it does not seem to work.

Who can help me check if my PM account is active? Many thanks!

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joanhewrote:

I paused my service and would like to resume today if possible

This appears to be a rather different question than this old thread talks about.

What do you mean "paused"? If you don't pay for 90 days then your account and number disappear. If you're now less than 90 days then you can make Available Funds available by using your credit card or a voucher or Visa Debit. Then your account should re-start.

If not then send a private message to the mods here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Joanhe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paused my service and would like to resume today if possible

DSJE

Hi @Mary_M,

Thank you. I have sent you a private message.

DSJE

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @DSJE

Sorry to see that you will be leaving PM!

In order for a port out to be completed, your services with us must be active (example, a 10 day plan). Can you please send me your phone number by private message ? I'll confirm if you have active services, and provide you with the necessary information you need to give WIND.

Thank!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

DSJE

Thank you @Luddite for your advice.

This morning it still does not work. I would so appreciate if @Shazia_K or @Mary_M can help me take a look at my current account and see if it is "Active"? ANy other suggestions appreciated too!

Thanks PM community!

Well you have just confirmed it is active now so you should be good to go. I suggest you give it another try with Wind; be sure to give them your PM account number as well as the phone number. 

We'll notify the moderators @Shazia_K @Mary_M just in case they can assist you in the morning.  If it clears this evening please let us know so they don't waste time tomorrow.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

DSJE
Thank you! Summary is correct.

I reactivated my PM account through "My Account" early morning. Throughout the whole day, I spoke to a few WIND reps who kept telling me that my PM is still not active.

Confused!

So you want to port your PM number to Wind? To do so you give your PM number and account number to Wind. They take it from there. As long as your PM account is active, there should be no problem.

If you asked Wind to transfer your number before reactivating your PM account they would not have been able to do so.

Is this summary correct?

DSJE
Thank you for your advice.

My phoneis lost-lost. Lost on Saturday. So I will not be able to see what my phone shows.

"My Account" shows "Active".

My problem is because of this: my spouse bought me a new phone, which is tied to an account with WIND instead. I "resume service" thinking I could my PM number to port to WIND

The WIND rep cannot transfer my PM number to WIND.

I have been trying the whole day and cannot figure out why. Exhausted and appreciated some advice.

Please and thank you!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

First check your self serve account to ensure it reports that your service is "Active" and you have not gone past your expiry date.

Also try rebooting your phone.

Let us know what make/model phone you have and what message you see on your phone with the sim installed; it may be "No SIM", "No Serrvice", "Public Mobile with some dots", etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.