cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prorate

byasepi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an existing plan that was just paid on July 10th. If I upgrade to the 39.99 plan will i be prorated if I take it now instead of being charged on the next billing date.

5 REPLIES 5

@MetaMorpheusMob - that is an oldie of a post. Get Help articles are more current: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Coincidentally, @byasepi , one of my 'users' switched from the $15 plan (which renewed on July 5) to the $39.00 plan on July 20.

They essentially forfeited the remaining 15 days of their cycle, however because they were out of minutes and consumed the measly 250mb data, making the immediate plan change made sense for them as opposed to purchasing two add-ons (which would have totaled $35!!!) to supplement calling minutes and added 3GB data they 'needed' for an 'excursion'.

So, depending on your case, do the math and decide which is more favorable.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@byasepi 

Sorry, prorated only applies to postpaid service. PM is prepaid service so no.

Best that you switch plan on your next renewal date and not Now to avoid paying for the new plan plus paid for the existing plan.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@byasepi  Your best to just change plan for next renewal . So you don’t loose money PM is  pre paid . So no  prorating here 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No. Really only change now if you're out of data and you want data again. Otherwise just set it for the next renewal. It might be advisable to deposit enough to cover the cost. And take a screenshot of the fact that you scheduled the change.

Need Help? Let's chat.