cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with transfer my number to another server

Strongnill17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning, my name is xxxxxxxxxxx and yesterday I tried to transfer my number to another server I have gotten the message from you and I answered with YES. When I contacted the new company they told me that the transfer of my number had not yet been accepted and they asked to contact Public Mobil again. can you help me with this issue, please.

edited by computergeek541: information removed

7 REPLIES 7

@kb_mv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Strongnill17 

When porting in a phone number, it is the new carrier that is supposed to do all the work for you.  This is something that the new carrier should be handling for you and them passing you off to Public Mobile isn't the way it's supposed to work. When number portability was made widespread in 2007, this setup was partially so that the departing customer didn't have to contact the carrier that's being departed from.

Hi @Strongnill17 I agree with @computergeek541 's comment above.  You have to contact your new provider to fix your port issue.

Sorry to see you go but we wish you well

RosieR

@RosieR @computergeek541 Except that the porting article, under porting to another carrier says: "For any issues with this number transfer, contact our Porting Team. Thank you."

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 11.31.51 AM.png

Hi @kb_mv good point.

@Strongnill17 I am sending you a private message with the number to contact the Telus Porting Team.  Please check the envelope icon on the top right for a number to pop up. 

Best wishes.

RosieR

@RosieR wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Strongnill17 

When porting in a phone number, it is the new carrier that is supposed to do all the work for you.  This is something that the new carrier should be handling for you and them passing you off to Public Mobile isn't the way it's supposed to work. When number portability was made widespread in 2007, this setup was partially so that the departing customer didn't have to contact the carrier that's being departed from.

Hi @Strongnill17 I agree with @computergeek541 's comment above.  You have to contact your new provider to fix your port issue.

RosieR

@RosieR @computergeek541 Except that the porting article, under porting to another carrier says: "For any issues with this number transfer, contact our Porting Team. Thank you."

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 11.31.51 AM.png

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Strongnill17 

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Strongnill17 wrote:

Good morning, my name is xxxxxxxxxxx and yesterday I tried to transfer my number to another server I have gotten the message from you and I answered with YES. When I contacted the new company they told me that the transfer of my number had not yet been accepted and they asked to contact Public Mobil again. can you help me with this issue, please.

edited by computergeek541: information removed

Please review the information in the attached link on porting in and out of Public Mobile.  It will address the concerns you have related to porting a number:

(Please see section near bottom titled, Transferring Your Public Mobile Number To Another Service Provider )

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@Strongnill17 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Strongnill17 wrote:

Good morning, my name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and yesterday I tried to transfer my number to another server I have gotten the message from you and I answered with YES. When I contacted the new company they told me that the transfer of my number had not yet been accepted and they asked to contact Public Mobil again. can you help me with this issue, please.

@Strongnill17 Contact a moderator for help and edit your post to remove your name. Not a good idea to post complete personal info on a public forum.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve. Follow prompts.

Need Help? Let's chat.