cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting from PC

benedict514
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cant seem to get a reply from the mod team in regards to this how long is the wait ? as now i am paying for both ..

10 REPLIES 10

benedict514

took 2 days and all is well.. i could have done it myself as it was pc paygo that i was coming from .. Once the mod told me this it was about 20 mins and the port was complete.. thanks for everyones help.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@benedict514 wrote:

Cant seem to get a reply from the mod team in regards to this how long is the wait ? as now i am paying for both ..

In the meantime, your PC Sim should still work. If so continue using it until it stops working. Then you know the port is complete.

GrumpyG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there, Porting will depend on your previous provider. When I activated my phone it take no more than 5 minutes. Make sure your account number with your previous provider is accurate when you insert the information in the porting request screen. For example, for freedommobile has DBA followed by the numbers for the account, include the letters in the account number!

bradman20012

I was porting from virgin but once you get onto a moderator they will tell you the problem., ad fix it. It just a shame they're so backed up!

benedict514

were you with pc mobile before?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@benedict514 i and assuming you either have a stuck port or your number required mod assistance initiate the port. As long as you provided all the needed info(PC account number, PC account name PC number ) and public info ie pin and number email etc. Things will get done.

You can also ask mods to reset your billing date do that you are not paying for two services. 

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @benedict514,

From experience, it's the porting process that determines how fast it all run. After going through seting up PM account for 2 of my friends, I've realized it all probably depend on your previous network. While some porting go through very fasy, I've noticed some provider porting process are slow. The next few setup I've done afterwards, I just simply wait even without bothering the moderators and it all eventually come through by itself.

All I do is still insert the old sim card until it becomes inactive (calling the number from another phone intermitently).

I bet it will eventually go through as long as all is done as should.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are asking how long the wait is for a moderator response, the previous replies on this thread indicate about 72 hours, which is consistent with what I've read on other threads.

If you are wondering how long it will take to port, the official answer I heard from the London Drugs rep when I signed up on the weekend was 2 days.  However, I ported my number over myself at home and it was done in less than an hour.  YMMV.

Good luck!

bradman20012

I went through this a couple days ago. Get ready for at least a 2 day wait. Welcome to public mobile 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@benedict514 wrote:

From what I have seen wait times are about 72 hours, be patient it will be worth the wait! I know it can be really frustrating but things are usually good just try to remember “Less for less” is their company statement, and the only thing less is official customer service, a lot less. Its why they are so cheap. Things WILL work and WILL be good, the only time you will be sad panda is when you need an accurate response in a timely manner from the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.