cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port out

Yubo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to switch to another carrier. I was told I will receive an SMS text massage and confirm my intention. However, I can not receive the message. What can I do?

11 REPLIES 11

Yubo

🤣Thanks a lot. That explains it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yubo 

I'm surprised the new provider said to talk to the old provider. They should be the ones doing the support. There's no port lock here. Others do.

You sure you want to leave after all this help you got from others? 🙂

Yubo

Sounds good. Thank you so much for your time~ 😘

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Yubo So contact a moderator here and explain the issue. They will help you out. Once they remove the port lock you can ask your new company to try again.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Yubo

They asked me to contact the old one😭

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Yubo Have you already asked your new carrier to port in your PM number? Once they initiate the port you will/should receive a SMS asking you to authorize the port out.

Yubo

Thanks, but I think SIM card is always in place and I can receive messages except for this confirmation.

Yubo

I think pm SIM card is always in my phone since I chose pm. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Yubo Just leave your PM sim in place to receive the text. Once the PM sim stops working, replace with new provider sim.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Yubo put the pm sim card in your phone to receive the text

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yubo wrote:

I would like to switch to another carrier. I was told I will receive an SMS text massage and confirm my intention. However, I can not receive the message. What can I do?

You need to go through the new provider for help.

Need Help? Let's chat.