cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan cost increased by $5 since Feb without my knowledge, trying to change plans ASAP, help!

aasp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Prior to Feb 26 2018 I was paying $28 + tax for all you can talk and text with no data.

With no explanation, since Feb 26, I was charged $33 + tax.  I only looked into it now in August and realised I have been autopaying $5+tax extra per month since Feb.  I'm very disappointed as I've been with public mobile since 2011 and I've been praising public mobile to everyone.

I would like to give public mobile a chance but I want to switch my plan to $30 (30days)(3g) all you can text + talk + 500MB data.

If I'm force to pay $33 for all you can talk and text, I might as well pay $30 for this plan which includes data.

My auto pay is due on Aug 24.  Can you help me change my plan today or tomorrow?  The system won't allow me to do it it on line.

wrote to moderator team twice yesterday, no answer.

18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13 are Oracles allowed to edit posts that are clearly incorrect?

@mimmo they have the ability but I don't think it's encouraged to edit other people's posts other than to remove private info.

@ShawnC13 thank you for correcting misinformation!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@ShawnC13 are Oracles allowed to edit posts that are clearly incorrect?

@choding wrote:

Go to Walmart or London drug and Wow.

Ask help to change your plan, but you have to give them your information.

it is easy to fix it.

Again this is incorrect.  Walmart, Londond Drugs and Wow can't change your plan.  They are nor customer service agents.  I am not sure where this is coming from and is very frustrating to read incorrect information given out to members especially when the information goes against every other bit of information out there on the subject.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13agreed

But wireless code is specific they need to prove he was notified (I posted this months ago that a txt was insufficient; in my case a family member was using the SIM who did not even speak english)

But I do not imply there is anything nefarious about it

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@kav2001c,  I would think that the message also went out via text.  Maybe some customers  withdrew from getting those notifications as well.  I just wouldn't say PM raised the price without any notification or in any underhanded manner.

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Go to Walmart or London drug and Wow.

Ask help to change your plan, but you have to give them your information.

it is easy to fix it.

@Mike40999 wrote:

you have access to self serve, you can do it your self !

This is incorrect.  Legacy Plan holders must go through the call centre or the moderators to change plans as they need to acknowledge that changing their plan will no longer give them access to a call centre for support.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mimmo wrote:

@aasp  Please call 611 and state you want to switch to an in market plan they will confirm you are willing to lose cll center support.    not sure but you might need to message the mods and ask them to switch plans for you after calling 611. the cal center will give you details on any additional steps.

as a bonus I think you will also be eligable for an additional 2-3$  discount since you are a loyalty customer.  

611 team has changed plans when requested for others.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

aasp

self serve wont let me do it.  It saids the system won't allow me to do it.  

Mike40999
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you have access to self serve, you can do it your self !

@aasp wrote:

It would be great if I can just call and talk to someone since I've been paying extra for this.  I didn't even know had this service.  where can I find my phone support number?

Call *611, that was the benefit of the Legacy plans and that is why people kept them for the phone support.

aasp

It would be great if I can just call and talk to someone since I've been paying extra for this.  I didn't even know had this service.  where can I find my phone support number?

@kav2001c,  I would think that the message also went out via text.  Maybe some customers  withdrew from getting those notifications as well.  I just wouldn't say PM raised the price without any notification or in any underhanded manner.

@ShawnC13many legacy customers never used the forum as they had call centre support

In OPs case he was not even looking at his bills for 6 months (and a +$5 charge would not raise any flags on a credit card)

@aaspyou can certainly ask for a refund (wireless code breach - if no notice was given, it is Publics responsibility to prove they notified you)

As others have mentioned many of the newer plans offer better value and you will maintain your loyalty tenure once on new plan

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I wouldn't say they have been doing it quietly it was well announced with the 30 days notice prior to the change, and there was quite a bit of activity on the forum because of it.  As stated there are plans priced better than the legacy plans and as you found out you can get data for the same amount. 

@aasp wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

My plan is due in two days.  Currently I took myself off autopay cause I want to change plans first.  don't want to keep playing $33 for no data.  If no one can help me change plans before the 25th, what should I do?

As a legacy plan holder you should be able to call your phone support number to change your plan.  For $33 you can actually get 1GB of 3G data with autopay enabled

mimmo

@aasp  Please call 611 and state you want to switch to an in market plan they will confirm you are willing to lose cll center support.    not sure but you might need to message the mods and ask them to switch plans for you after calling 611. the cal center will give you details on any additional steps.

as a bonus I think you will also be eligable for an additional 2-3$  discount since you are a loyalty customer.  

@will13am wrote:

@aasp, Public Mobile has been quietly putting the screws to the legacy customers to wean them off of the call center access that those customers continue to enjoy.  The new plans actually have much better price stability.  There is a talk and text plan that cost $25.

I wouldn't say they have been doing it quietly it was well announced with the 30 days notice prior to the change, and there was quite a bit of activity on the forum because of it.  As stated there are plans priced better than the legacy plans and as you found out you can get data for the same amount. 

aasp

Thank you for your reply.

My plan is due in two days.  Currently I took myself off autopay cause I want to change plans first.  don't want to keep playing $33 for no data.  If no one can help me change plans before the 25th, what should I do?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@aasp, Public Mobile has been quietly putting the screws to the legacy customers to wean them off of the call center access that those customers continue to enjoy.  The new plans actually have much better price stability.  There is a province wide talk and text plan that cost $25.  If Canada wide calling is required, then it is more cost effective to get 500 MB of data also, $30 for Canada wide calling, text, 500 MB data.

Moderator interaction times have been rather long in recent times.  There was a backlog caused by system glitches which I believe are resolved.  The backlog may take a bit of time to work down. 

Need Help? Let's chat.