cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment

stefan6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I wanted to sign up but my phone is not compatible for esim card. Please cancel my subscription and refund my money

8 REPLIES 8

The primary problem is that without a working sim you can't get the initial code texted to the phone. So only support can help you with that.
If you were granted a refund then it usually takes several weeks (which always gets me with companies...they'll take your money in a blink but slow as molasses to return it). So it almost makes sense to get a sim and get support to fix things up and get you going on a sim. And that could be well before you might see your money back.
Or way more drastically, if you don't have any other business with Telus or Koodo or Public and don't intend to for years to come then you could get your bank to reverse the charge.

stefan6

thanks for your help - I would like to handle all of this in private but I cannot log into my account because it is an endless loop of "log in" and "email and password don't match" - even they do....

Then you have three choices. Stay with your current provider or wait for one in the mail (faster by Amazon) or take a drive (call ahead first and narrow that calling list down by using the Pick up a sim card link down below). Are we not supporting and helping you? It's pretty much not the fault of this place that your phone doesn't have esim capability.

As for your money back, if you choose the latter two choices then you could keep the account and then get the sim changed in the account by support. CharlieWhisky gave you the link for support. They would also be the ones to possibly give your money back. But that's dodgy for a no-refunds place like here.

stefan6

I have to travel over an hour to get to a telus store to get a card. I came here because it came highly recommended but I get next to no support or help....

So why not get a physical sim and change your account to it? You would likely need support to do so but at least then you could stay here. Why else did you come here?

stefan6

unfortunately it is an Iphone 8 - i know it is a dinosaur but.....

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @stefan6 

what phone is that?

if the phone has eSIM, it will work here.  

CharlieWhisky
Mayor / Maire

It’s better to discuss by private message with agent, I will send you the link.

You can also get a physical sim card from Telus stores or Amazon if you prefer.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.