cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of province voice usage

dude8888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HIi, I am planning to get a province-wide voice plan, but what will happen if I am heading to another province for a few weeks, how does that work?  Is there any way I can switch my plan (say 30 days into 60 days plan) or get add-on so I don't have to pay per minute-usage surcharge ?    ANy suggestions ?

3 REPLIES 3

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you don't wanna use the long distance add-on, you can use google hangout dialer or Fongo app to make free calls using data/wifi.  Remember that your public mobile data and sms/mms is nationwide, no provincial restrictions.  

If you were to use Fongo while visiting other provinces, you can forward your public mobile number to your Fongo number.   

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @dude8888

Once you leave your home province, your incoming calls will stop working.  You will be able to continue making outgoing calls to the province you are in.  

To be able to call back your home province, and receive incoming calls while out of your home province, you can purchase a long distance add-on.  Its $8 for 200 minutes and $15 for 400 minutes.

These add-ons kick in when needed and don't expire until used up.. so if you occasionally go out of province and/or call out-of-province numbers, these add-ons can last you a very long time.  

There are no per minute usage surcharges as PM is fully prepaid service.  

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@dude8888  Check out this thread below, explains your question very well.

Out of province you'll have to add a long distance package.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dis...

Need Help? Let's chat.