cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old number not ported

lindarobertson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed my parents up with a public mobile account at Christmas and was told the number was going to be ported to the new account. We followed the instructions however a month later the number has not been ported and the old account has not been cancelled so they are still paying Bell. I would like to submit a ticket but it requires the SIM number and I'm not sure I want them to try taking the SIM out in case something happens. 

What are my options to resolve this? 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Maybe check online MyBell account to see if your parents account is closed. If not then the porting was not complete and something was missed during the activation of the SIM.

When porting over, you need the Bell SIM in the phone to confirm the text from Bell that you are porting over to prevent fraud.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lindarobertson , can you double check the steps taken to port the phone number against this recently released help article on number porting.  I sense a step was missed somewhere.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should contact moderator team by writing them private message.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lindarobertson wrote:

I signed my parents up with a public mobile account at Christmas and was told the number was going to be ported to the new account. We followed the instructions however a month later the number has not been ported and the old account has not been cancelled so they are still paying Bell. I would like to submit a ticket but it requires the SIM number and I'm not sure I want them to try taking the SIM out in case something happens. 

What are my options to resolve this? 

@lindarobertson    You'll need to contact moderators either via the chatbot bubble bottom right and follow the prompts or by clicking the envelope icon top right and sending a private message to Moderator_Team. 

Did you previously submit a message/ticket for the transfer after activating?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you leave the old SIM in the phone to wait for the porting confirmation text? Sounds like you'll need to use the Change number function to request the port again. This time put the original SIM back in and wait for the text.

Need Help? Let's chat.