cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not registered on network

pennygunderson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's been over 24 hours since having the public SIM card inserted by Walmart and paying for the plan. It keeps saying not registered on network. I've tried going into connections under mobile networks network mode, WCDMA/GSM auto conect, then network operators,  select automatically,  says unable to connect. if I search networks Public mobile comes up as an option but when I click it it says try later. The phone is not locked. What more can I do? I don't think Walmart completed all of the steps.

33 REPLIES 33

@pennygunderson 

@pennygunderson wrote:

They took the SIM card out and reinserted it at Walmart. Bell said the phone wasn't locked. I had a corrupted motherboard replaced about 6 months ago and a new SI card out in then. I con't sign on.

Hi: I realize it's a long time since you reported this problem and, hopefully, it has been  resolved. In another forum like ours, previously unlocked phones have been reported to relock to the original carrier after being repaired/replaced. So, I wonder if your phone has become locked backed to Bell?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@pennygunderson wrote:

This is my only phone. Walmart threw out the bell SIM card.

They did what?!  That was not theirs to throw out.  If you are transfering your number from Bell Mobility, the service remains active until the number porting is complete, if that is what you requested.  Number porting does not happen immediately.

Wow, just wow.

@RobertQc wrote:

@pennygunderson 

Is your phone compatible with the network? Not listed as lost/stolen?

GSM/CDMA is ancient technology, might as well be 1990? Do you have 3G/LTE? please give your exact model number of the phone

The WCDMA/GSM auto connect setting that was mentioned is valid option to connect to and use Public Mobile's network.

WCDMA is actually a more specific term than 3g is.  But yes, with that setting the person does have the 3g network enbled in the phone.

A520W is a the version of the Samsung A5 2017 that is/was sold in Canada.  It is compatible.

pennygunderson

Thank you. i sent a message and will return to walmart tomorrow.

pennygunderson

Checked phone compatiblity at walmart before changing over to Public. Sent a message to Moderator. Will try returning to Walmart tomorrow. They said that was the only Public SIM card they had so not sure how that will help. thanks for trying to help me.

@MitchRuns wrote:

Also, you can check if your phone is compatible by going here and entering the IMEI number from your 'about phone' menu.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-started

@MitchRuns 

Public Mobile's IMEI checker only lets you know if your phone is blacklisted. It is not reliable for frequency compatibility and has returned false positives in the past. (that's why @RobertQc was asking for the exact model, to find out which bands the phone supports. while no frequency checker is 100% acurate and always perfectly up-to-date, willmyphonework.net is one of the trusted ones around here.)

MitchRuns

Also, you can check if your phone is compatible by going here and entering the IMEI number from your 'about phone' menu.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-started

MitchRuns

If you go to https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ and enter the sim number from the card it should tell you if it's registered or not. 

pennygunderson

n phone under SIM card status it says mobile network state disconnected Serivce state out of service

@pennygunderson wrote:

It says the email isn't registered.

Walmart in general is a terrible experience, the most likely case if they didn't even register your sim card. Try the sim in another phone. if it is not working contact the mods. There really isin't much we can do, but if you can try another sim card in your phone / try your sim in another phone confirm if the phone / sim have service which I have asked you about five? times not and not got a response so I really can't help you much. The most likely cause is a fail by walmart. I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

pennygunderson

This is my only phone. Walmart threw out the bell SIM card.

pennygunderson

It says the email isn't registered.

@pennygunderson wrote:

In phone under about phone it says SM-A520W I can't log in on Public under My Account

@pennygundersonDid you try the password reset form? Does your e-mail come up as registered or does it say not a valid email? Does that sim work in another phone? Do you have another sim to try in the phone?

pennygunderson

In phone under about phone it says SM-A520W I can't log in on Public under My Account

@pennygunderson wrote:

I can't get it to open my account. It doesn't want to take my email as a username and doesn't like my password.

So you may not even have cell phone service attached to that sim card. You don't even actually know if walmart activated that sim card.

Try using this link https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/ and see if the e-mail comes up as registered or not

Does that sim work in another phone? Do you have another sim to try in your phone?

pennygunderson

I can't get it to open my account. It doesn't want to take my email as a username and doesn't like my password.

@pennygunderson wrote:

Thanks. I tried under network mode LTE/WCDMA/GSM network operators select automatically comes up Public Mobile then says try later

@pennygunderson 

You said "the box says" does the PHONE say in settings?

Have you logged into the account yet to check if the account is active? Did you port in, or was it a new number? Have you tried taking your sim out, and putting it back in? Does that sim work in another phone?

pennygunderson

Thanks. I tried under network mode LTE/WCDMA/GSM network operators select automatically comes up Public Mobile then says try later

MitchRuns

Your phone should work fine. One of my friends has an A5 and Public works for them. They possibly made a mistake when registering you or put in the wrong SIM card. If you go into your self serve under 'plans and addons'>'Change SIM card' you can compare the last 4 digits of the SIM in your phone to the number on your self-serve

@pennygunderson wrote:

odel SM - A520W

@pennygunderson  Looking into it. I am currently having difficulty finding the specs for that exact phone revision.You said "the box says" does the PHONE say in settings?

Have you logged into the account yet to check if the account is active?  Did you port in, or was it a new number? Have you tried taking your sim out, and putting it back in? Does that sim work in another phone?

pennygunderson

They took the SIM card out and reinserted it at Walmart. Bell said the phone wasn't locked. I had a corrupted motherboard replaced about 6 months ago and a new SI card out in then. I con't sign on.

pennygunderson

SM-A520W

pennygunderson

odel SM - A520W

pennygunderson

Box says 2017 Galaxy A5

@pennygunderson wrote:

ere do I find the phone info you want?

Should be somewhere in settings, about phone

pennygunderson

ere do I find the phone info you want?

@pennygunderson wrote:

samsung galaxy 5A

AM-A500YZ? AM-A500F? AM-A500FU? AM-A500G? AM-A500H? AM-A500K?  AM-A500L? AM-A500M? AM-A500S? AM-A500W? etc

There are 30 different models

pennygunderson

samsung galaxy 5A

@pennygunderson wrote:

phone was fine when checked. not stolen etc. Galaxy A5 

@pennygunderson  Please be specific about your model. There are literally 30 different Galaxy A5 models.

pennygunderson

phone was fine when checked. not stolen etc. Galaxy A5 

Need Help? Let's chat.