cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

taifok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Me and my wife phones in Mississauga, Ontario were down for more than a day. There was no signal at all showing on our phones and could not text and make call.

14 REPLIES 14

@taifok wrote:

Yesterday I went to Georgetown and all my phones worked again. When I came back at night, the phones were all working. Could not find the reason why, But everything is back to normal now with service.

@taifok  Ok, thanks for the update if you ever figure out what was wrong please let us know.

taifok

Yesterday I went to Georgetown and all my phones worked again. When I came back at night, the phones were all working. Could not find the reason why, But everything is back to normal now with service.

Mugsysukoo

Public Mobile runs off the Telus network. Try shutting down the phones and powering them back up. This might reconnect it tothe network.

@taifok wrote:

No. It cannot find public mobile, but it finds telus 3G and 4G.

@taifok  If you dial *#*#4636*#*#  on your Android phone and select Phone Information what does it show under Current network, Voice network type, Data network type and Set preferred network type?

taifok

I have public mobile simm in each of my phone.

buchaneer52

@taifok wrote:

You have a Public Mobile SIM in each of your phones, right? Telus owns Public but my Android phone has Public Mobile as my Network Operator in Settings.

taifok

buchaneer52

On your Android phone, when you go to Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks, under Network Operators, do you see Public Mobile? Did you have service on Public Mobile before this happened?

@taifok wrote:

There is simply no mobile signal shown on my andriod phone and my wife Apple phone screen. I am thinking some transmission tower or device were down in our area.

@taifok  If it's both phones then it must be a network issue. Did you try restarting your phones? Maybe power down remove the sim wait for 5 minutes and see if you are able to connect again.

If it's still an issue better to notify the Public Mobile team.To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Interesting, my parents are in Mississauga and they have not had any service issues....

I'll ask them again later today.

taifok

There is simply no mobile signal shown on my andriod phone and my wife Apple phone screen. I am thinking some transmission tower or device were down in our area.

@taifok wrote:

Everything ok. It was successfully paid up to June 21.

You can try that...go in your self-serve account...tab PLAN/OPTIONS and click on PHONE LOST/STOLEN and close your phone few minutes. Open it again and click on reactivate your service. Does it help?

No signal ? Do you mean no public mobile left up on your screen?

taifok

Everything ok. It was successfully paid up to June 21.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Have you logged into self serve? What does the status of the account say?

Did auto renew fail? What there an issue with cc?

Need Help? Let's chat.