cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no incoming calls or texts

Jigg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I'm a new customer. I don't have a smartphone, just a new unlocked Jethro flip phone. I can't receive incoming calls or texts. I tried to bring over my old number from Rogers. My account seems to be active -- I don't know how to tell this for certain except just to look at my account information online. I have tried removing the SIM card multiple times as well as powering off/on multiple times. Can a moderator help sort this out please?

8 REPLIES 8

Cyberbeagle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need assistance with your account, activation, or service?

• You'll need to contact the Community Moderator Team to get assistance with your account. Oracles and Users cannot access account information; do not send them any private information on yourself or your account/s.
  • The Community Moderator Team are Public Mobile support employees who can assist with your issue/s. Only they can access account information.
  • For more detailed information, read the knowledge article.
  • For your convenience, here's a link to send them a private message.
  • Here's how to read and reply to private messages.

In your private message please include the following:

• Your Public Mobile phone number.
  • Your 4 digit PIN; if you don't know yours look below.
  • Your account’s e-mail address.
  • A detailed explanation of your issue/s.

Don't know your PIN? Provide any three of the following:

• Your complete mailing address.
  • Your e-mail address.
  • An alternate phone number associated with your account.
  • Your date of birth.
  • The last top up date & amount.

When will they get back to you?:

• Support hours are in EDT and run Mon-Fri 9AM to 9PM, and Sat-Sun from 9AM to 7:30PM. Outside of these hours they will not be responding to private messages, and will be queued for the next day. So don't worry, they will get to you.
  • Messages are responded to in the order in which they are received, which can affect response time depending on queue length.
  • Usual response time varies between 1-3 hours, but can take up to 48 hours.
  • Please do not send multiple separate private messages, as it slows down support.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

send a private message to MOD team, to see if it was the problems with porting your number or your phone' s compatibility. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Beatrice_AG wrote:

Please write a private message to one of our Moderators to give you a hand. 🙂

@Beatrice_AG this isn't great advice, @Jigg should be private messaging the moderator_team account.  And you should provide the link.  Jigg, click here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Jigg wrote:

Ported yesterday early morning.

Researched ahead of purchasing the Jethro -- indicated both on PM website and elsewhere everthing should be compatible.

Did not have this phone when I was with Rogers.

Jethro model SC-330. Thank you.

@Jigg yes it does appear to be compatible.  I wanted to be sure because the IMEI checker on PM's site is very prone to giving false positives, and knowing that you used the phone with Rogers previously, it could have only had GSM compatibility, but that does not appear to be the case.

I think that @Lieux is correct and your port has failed.  You should contact the moderator team for assistance, if you haven't already.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Beatrice_AG
Customer Support Agent

Hi there Jigg!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the services and we'll be happy to take a look into that for you.

Please write a private message to one of our Moderators to give you a hand. 🙂

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Jigg  a écrit :

Hi. I'm a new customer. I don't have a smartphone, just a new unlocked Jethro flip phone. I can't receive incoming calls or texts. I tried to bring over my old number from Rogers. My account seems to be active -- I don't know how to tell this for certain except just to look at my account information online. I have tried removing the SIM card multiple times as well as powering off/on multiple times. Can a moderator help sort this out please?

In your self serve account on the first page you need to see ACTIVE.

If your phone is compatible with public mobile it's perhaps a non finished port number...in this case you will need help from the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem.

Jigg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ported yesterday early morning.

Researched ahead of purchasing the Jethro -- indicated both on PM website and elsewhere everthing should be compatible.

Did not have this phone when I was with Rogers.

Jethro model SC-330. Thank you.

srlawren

@Jigg wrote:

@Jigg there's at least a couple of possible issues here.  1) did you just port?  It can take up to a few hours to port from another mobile provider.  Wait a bit, reboot the phone, and try an incoming call or text again.  2) it's possible your phone doesn't support the required 850MHz and 1900MHz 3G frequencies needed to work with PM/Koodo/Telus/Bell/Virgin/Lucky and was only working over 2G GSM with Rogers (they are the only company in Canada still operating a 2G GSM network).  What model is your Jethro?

Need Help? Let's chat.