cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data after coming back to Canada

yvinogradov
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Came back from the US (didn't buy a US roaming plan while there, in case if that makes a difference), the phone picked up PM once I crossed back. Can make/receive phone calls and text messages, but no data. I haven't used it all up - I still have more than 3 gig left (according to both self-serve and their information when I call *611). Any ideas? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

yvinogradov
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you! Reset Network Settings (in a combination with taking the sim card out, trying it in a different phone, and putting it back in) solved the problem. Hope it won't be happening every time I come back to Canada 🙂

Thanks again!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This happens for many coming back from a trip with PM but the good news it is usually rectified pretty quickly if you follow the troubleshooting above....if not you may have to connect with a CSA to get to the bottom of it 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@yvinogradov , by chance did you turn off mobile data on your phone?  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@yvinogradov  - so you confirmed you had your data line still showing in self serve? That is good, because that was going to be my first question.

You can try your SIM into another phone to see if data works.

But first try restarting your phone, and also perform a reset of the network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

edit.. you could also try toggling into and out of airplane mode to see if your data kicks in then.

Need Help? Let's chat.