cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change email

Gatuvela
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do i change my email? i receive too many spam emails from people of Public Mobil community

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I turned off the communtiy emails so didn't get a ton of notifications daily with every time a post was made etc. So if that is what you are referring to it was very helpful 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Indeed, @Gatuvela , what you're describing could be one of a couple of things as @esjliv  and @hTideGnow have added.  👍

Are you referring to getting notifications send to your personal e-mail account when you post or respond on the Community - OR - are you referring to getting spam private message content on your community private messaging account?   (EDIT: in the little envelope icon between the bell icon and your avatar on upper right?)

Depending on which, you've been given the resources to address.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

OH, are you talking Private Messages to your Community INBOX @Gatuvela 

Received a spam/scan message in your private inbox?

• Report it, by clicking the "Report" button
  • Do not click on any links
  • Delete it

Suggested steps here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/What-to-do-with-spam-in-your-Private-Me...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Gatuvela   Community?  You don't change email.  They message you here, not your email address.  The email you got is just to inform you that you got message from them.

So, what kind of spam you got?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Gatuvela  - you are receiving spam emails to your personal email connected to your self serve account?

I am curious if this is a setting in your community settings, or is this connected to your self serve/account?

The only way to change your self serve email is to have CSA do it for you.

Community email you can do that yourself under your Avatar top right of the community page under My Settings.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster  use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Gatuvela 

Go under your settings (click avatar), and turn off community e-mails.

It'll look like this (below), click the box to the right of the section "Don't send me any community e-mails"

HALIMACS_0-1653336082711.png

Need Help? Let's chat.