cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone not receiving incoming call

trevorBraun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi new customer to public mobile. just activitaed sim card and account yesterday and unlocked my pphone today.  I can use my new phone to make calls but it is not receiving calls. My old phone rings and I can still make calls  on it as well.  What is going on?

Also hw to do I set up my new voice mail, what number do I call?

5 REPLIES 5

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @trevorBraun,

Welcome to Public Mobile and to our awesome community!

I'm sorry to hear about your incoming calls - it seems like you may have a porting issue. Don't worry, I'm here to help and make it right for you 🙂 Can you please send me your SIM card number, the # you ported in and the account # associated to your old service provider? (private message)

I look forward to getting you up and running!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@trevorBraun wrote:

Hi new customer to public mobile. just activitaed sim card and account yesterday and unlocked my pphone today.  I can use my new phone to make calls but it is not receiving calls. My old phone rings and I can still make calls  on it as well.  What is going on?

Also hw to do I set up my new voice mail, what number do I call?

Your voicemail can be set up by holding the 1 key down in your dialer.  The voicemail system will prompt you with interactive instructions.

Your old phone service still ringing and operating is normal if it is for a short amount of time.  Porting a cell phone number to another cellular carrier is supposed to complete within a few hours.  Any longer, and there's a good chance the porting request has failed.

As it stands now, your phone number has not been ported.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Looks like you have an incomplete port. If it has been more than a couple hours you will need to private message a mod with you details. Sim number phone number old account name and account number.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@trevorBraun Do you receive a text from PM telling you your port was successful?

The following is a guide on setting up voicemail:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-do-I-set-up-Voicemail/td-p/117

Need Help? Let's chat.