cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone huawei

Kindra77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got a new huawei phone and it keeps asking for sim network unlock nck. it's the same sim card i've used since I've been with public. it's been years. I had to cut the card down so it would fit my phone and the phone does recognize the card but as i stated earlier it keeps asking for the sim network unlock nck. please help.

16 REPLIES 16

@Whitelmlotus wrote:

I have the same problem, got a Huawei phone. Put my public mobile Sim in it and it requires Sim network unlock pin NCK. I've already called Huawei, and messaged 2 moderators on here... No luck on any type of reliable service. Getting frustrated beyond words. If the codes are now 100% free and available to the public, we shouldn't have to call it in anymore it should be listed on the networks website etc. Hope you got yours fixed. Any beneficial, relative feedback is appreciated 

Sorry, but you're contacting the wrong people and Public Mobile's moderators cannot help you with this.  Public Mobile can only help unlock phones that are locked to Telus/Koodo/Public. Cariers do not provide unlock services nor unlock codes for phones that are locked to other carriers.

You'll need to contact the carrier that the phone is locked to, or purcahse an unlock code from one of the many sellers of them.

Whitelmlotus

I have the same problem, got a Huawei phone. Put my public mobile Sim in it and it requires Sim network unlock pin NCK. I've already called Huawei, and messaged 2 moderators on here... No luck on any type of reliable service. Getting frustrated beyond words. If the codes are now 100% free and available to the public, we shouldn't have to call it in anymore it should be listed on the networks website etc. Hope you got yours fixed. Any beneficial, relative feedback is appreciated 

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@danie_ditz wrote:

It's now the law in Canada that they have to let you unlock the phone, so if they refuse I would pull that one

Not really the "law" but I know what you mean: it's a CRTC regulation.  Since December 2017, customers can ask their provider to unlock their phones free of charge. All newly purchased mobile devices must be provided to customers unlocked. However, the operative word in that regulation is "customer". So if you buy a locked phone and you are not, or haven't been, a customer of the carrier that locked it, you are depending on their goodwill.

danie_ditz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's now the law in Canada that they have to let you unlock the phone, so if they refuse I would pull that one

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Koyabtx wrote:

In this case, just live chat with the original carrier and they'll unlocked the device for you. Once unlocked, you won't need to worry about that unlock-code popping up again.

I had this experience recently and the original carrier would not unlock the phone for me free of charge as I was neither an existing customer or a past customer of theirs.  Forthunately, I knew somebody who was and they got an unlock code and passed it on to me.

Koyabtx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It depends on when this phone was purchased as the P10 was released in March of 2017 and in Canadian market around June of same year. CRTC passed the law for unlocked phones in December of 2017, so if phone was purchased prior to this it would be locked to the original carrier.

OP states phone was purchased recently so this might not be the case.

Was this phone purchased second-hand? If so, the first owner may have bought it before unlocked phones were a thing. In this case, just live chat with the original carrier and they'll unlocked the device for you. Once unlocked, you won't need to worry about that unlock-code popping up again.

Dynasmart

This is Huawei P10 Lite (Canadian model). It should come unlocked already from all Canadian carriers. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kindra77  I unmarked the solution.

Who did you buy the phone from, what carrier was it on?

As @Luddite  mentioned @You need to call the old provider bell or Roger's and ask them for the unlock code.

Julie-Anne

Cela devrait etre un probleme venant de votre telephone et non de la carte sim

@Kindra77 wrote:

It's model WAS-LO3T

According to this website, can’t find your model.

https://willmyphonework.net/

Kindra77

Oh sorry I didn't meant to press solution solved 

No,none of my services work and it keeps asking for the same info over and over

@Kindra77 wrote:

It's model WAS-LO3T

P10 Lite I believe.

@Kindra77 Do any services work?

You've marked a "Solution". Is everything ok now?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Kindra77

It's model WAS-LO3T

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Kindra77 wrote:

I just got a new huawei phone and it keeps asking for sim network unlock nck. it's the same sim card i've used since I've been with public. it's been years. I had to cut the card down so it would fit my phone and the phone does recognize the card but as i stated earlier it keeps asking for the sim network unlock nck. please help.

@Kindra77 It seems a problem of your phone. What is your phone model? 

@Kindra77 You can simply key in your IMEI number to the following page:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Kindra77 "SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kindra77 wrote:

@Kindra77 It seems a problem of your phone. What is your phone model? 

Need Help? Let's chat.