cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new credit card

pirateinuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my credit card co. has mailed me a new credit card with a new #.

in my efforts to pay my monthly bill, starting 1 mar., publicmobility.ca

will not process payment with the new card. please advise. 

5 REPLIES 5

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pirateinuk Also check that you've entered the billing address exactly as it appears on your credit card statement.  I found that for me, the specifying "ST" instead of "STREET" in my address made all the difference between being accepted and being rejected by the system.

I find it interesting that the "Register Credit Card" section of the Self-Serve portal has multiple countries in the drop-down, so I wouldn't completely rule out being able to use foreign credit cards yet.  However, if the issuer is from outside Canada, then it's possible that the validation cannot be completed.

matbasm

@pirateinuk, as a general rule, non-Canadian credit cards are not accepted at Public Mobile.  If you somehow managed to get it to work with your previous card, then you were extremely lucky.

pirateinuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

on the one hand, your suggestion of deleting info on the current credit card was good.

on the other hand, it seems that publicmobile.ca does not want to honor payment from

a u.s. credit card like i have. this is even though they did for the 1st credit card on file.

thoughts?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@pirateinuk First, try deleting your credit card, then reenter as "new". If the payment still fails, and you phone has stopped working, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:00PM (ET).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acekiller

you need to be clearer with your problem. is autopay not working? or is the one time payment not working with your credit card?

Need Help? Let's chat.