cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network not working

helsonwheels
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • this is ONLY on my phone, I cant log onto the internet. I have an ipad and laptop both working but not on my cellphone. So im seeing a provider issue which is Public Moblie

I do get calls in and can call out but I cant send a photo via text or log onto the net

8 REPLIES 8

If the phone can't use wifi then there's a whole other problem with it.

Turn on airplane mode. That will turn off cell, bluetooth and wifi. Turn on wifi. Connect to whatever wifi. Open a browser. Can you get to a page?

helsonwheels

like I said the other 2 ipad and laptops works fine on wifi just the phone

helsonwheels

I did refresh 6 or more times, I rebooted it numerous times, I have a samsung F22 or 24 series its a newer model, no data block, apps with permission only which is not a lot as I dont use a phone like most ppl do. Its simply for calls and emails, no i cannot browse on the net or wifi. Says connected.

HI @helsonwheels   My Account is now up. 

Clear cache and restart the browser

or Login with Private mode / Incognito mode

With one the the ways above, you should see the real usage and you can confirm if it is correct

Did you do the refreshing or private mode?

What make and model phone?

Do you have a data block setting on the phone?

Do all the proper apps have permission to use mobile data?

Can you browse the internet on wifi?

helsonwheels

i am not out of data as i only used 5.17 MB i barely use my phone

@helsonwheels wrote:
  • this is ONLY on my phone, I cant log onto the internet. I have an ipad and laptop both working but not on my cellphone. So im seeing a provider issue which is Public Moblie

I do get calls in and can call out but I cant send a photo via text or log onto the net

You could be out of data. If you dial 611, how much data does it say is remaining on your account?  As for photos by multimedia message (these aren't text messages), they do require an active mobile data connection but the data used for these don't count towards your data usage amounts.  If you're on Android, try disabling the Messages chat feature, and if you're using an iPhone device, try disabled iMessage and enabling SMS and MMS.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Log in and click the little spinner refresh icons lower down and see if you have data left?

If ypu have an iphone then you need to turn on send as mms to send a picture via standard MMS. It only requires cellular data to be on but there can be no data.

Need Help? Let's chat.