cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network locked sim card inserted

mm84010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi,

I travelled to north africa. I bought a sim card to used with my phone, Samsung Galexy S3 mini which I bought from Public Mobile. but i receive this message "Invalid SIM card.  Network locked SIM card inserted" and asked to enter "SIM network unlock PIN"!

How I can get this pin code?

yours,

mohamed

8 REPLIES 8

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

"How come i have to pay PM to unlock a phone i pucharse from PM#"

This is the norm, all carriers offer unlocking service for a fee.  

The phone you purchase from PM came locked to PM.  Same way phones purchased from Rogers/Bell/Telus/Virgin/Koodo/Fido come locked to their respective carriers.  As long as you use this phone with PM, it works fine.  If you want to use it with other networks, you have to get it unlocked.  Choice is yours if you want to pay PM or someone else to do this.  

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@imm1304

How come i have to pay PM to unlock a phone i pucharse from PM#

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just a clarification, @Pier,

PM does unlock phones for $50.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Unlocking-Your-Phone/ta-p/5237

In this case, a Samsung S3 mini would be much cheaper to unlock via a 3rd party such as an ebay seller or unlockit, cellunlocker, etc.

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I think it meant that the phone is locked. So you need to unlock it to use other sim.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All the PM phones are locked to PM. I' m not sure, even after unlocking a PM phone, you can use it with another carrier. To facilitate the things for you there, just buy a local phone to use. PM never gives unlocked code. 

Good luck! 

bryanbreguet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I didn't know PM used to sell phones. In your case it seems the phone is locked. You need an unlock code. You can find some on eBay or unlockmenow.ca

mm84010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

no, I'm trying to use my phone, bought from public mobile, in north africa with local-carrier sim card.

when I inserted the sim card, the phone requested a pin code to unlock it!

bryanbreguet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Not sure I understand. Are you trying to use your Public Mobile sim card in north Africa? That won't work, PM doesn't offer roaming.
Need Help? Let's chat.