cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile Data Disconnected

mnabilk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a pubilc mobile sim from one of the exhibition. I active it and have package of $40 per month but when I try to use mobile data it says disconnected. I make all the possible settings but still disconnected. I try to restart my phone couple of times but still same. Please reply if there is any solution. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you are new to PM have you setup APN? 

For data to work on your phone using the Public Mobile network you must setup the APN (Access point names) settings. Click here to see the APN setup article.

For MMS to work you also need to have the APN setup correctly although the data used will not be from the data you paid for; this allows you to send and receive MMS without a data plan. Don't worry there aren't any overages because this is a prepaid service you can only use what you've already paid for.

Please note even if you have a 3G speed plan it will still show you are on the 4G LTE network they just throttle you to 3G speeds. It may take up to 72 hours for the throttle to be applied to your account so enjoy the high speed while you have it.

Need Help? Let's chat.