cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manually topping up to avoid renewal failure????

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I have 4 accounts which will be renewing over the next week or so.  just wondering if topping up manually will help avoid the failure issue. 

@Jeremy_M , It appears there is a backend issue with renewals, as you probbaly know.  It might be beneficial to put an announcement communicating the issue and best ways to address it or what to do if someone encounters it, and when it is solved.

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren

@mimmo I fully agree, the bugs need to be fixed, and like, yesterday!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@srlawren I will have all my accounts top up

But my biggest issue is that we should not have to do these workarounds. The system should work, and if there is  an issue PM should make an announcement or even an sms broadcast, and inform it's customers of issues they might face. An informed customer is a happier one.

srlawren

@mimmo full disclosure:  I always manually top-up a couple of days before my renewals.  I have a recurring reminder set up in my favourite task tool (Todoist--though that's not strictly relevant here) every 90 days a couple of days before the renewal.  So far, *knocks on wood*, it's kept me free from any autopay issues.  I leave AutoPay enabled and still get the $2/30 days discount, and it's there as a safety net if for some reason I don't remember to manually top-up.

If you're paritcularly concerned, it can't hurt to know that the funds are already in place ahead of time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@ShawnC13 thankslooking forward to hearing what happens.

Will likley top up the accounts as don't want to hear stories from family, mind you they would be able to call so that is a bonus.

@Mana  yes a status update woudl be great, that is why i tagged jeremy_m.  it could replace the "back by poular demand" announcement.

@Mana, yes it is on this Sunday.  Oh and I have 8.5 GB of data to use by then.  Anyone have some suggestions lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13, please let us know how it goes.

I hope its not on the weekend.

It would be nice to hear status update on the resolution of this issue from PM.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it wouldn't hurt to manually top it up. You have nothing to lose other than a few seconds of your time.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I renew in the next day or so and I will not be adjusting anything and letting autopay do it's thing.  If an issue comes up I will then contact the Mods.  I am going to let the system run as it should (and hope) and have it renew that way

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo it sounds like recently most people are having the auto-pay not working at renewal.  I at least know a few people who were affected by this issue. So it might be a good idea to manually top up to avoid service interruptions.

Need Help? Let's chat.