cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long distance usage

cidkramer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I'm looking at my add-ons and long distance seems to havebeen used... but I have not made any out of province phone calls and I haven't left the area either. Or even close to leaving the province boundaries. Yyet I have 6 minutes used up. My only guess is when I call my VM with *86, it auto dials 289 680 4001 and that is showing up as "all" for the region.. which seems to roughly add up to the 6 minutes.

This needs to be fixed. I'm not paying to use my voicemail.

11 REPLIES 11

Nataliechem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Not sure about this... on my iphone, the call forwarding option is Not on... if i dont answer the call goes to voicemail (and its when i go listen to my voicemail i get dinged long distance minutes)

Ooops

PMC original.jpg

Settings > Calls > Call forwarding then Change the "When unanswered" and "When unreachable" phone numbers to your voicemail number.

Nataliechem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think I have this same issue, where when I access my voicemail it dials an ON number (I am in NB).  How do I make it not dial an ON number when I access my Voicemail?

cidkramer

thanks for the help

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh, I see! I will send you a private message in a little bit 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

cidkramer

Yes, I made changes for it to dial my number instead of that other one I mentioned..

I haven't called anyone long distance, I normally don't so I'm thinking it has to be that.

Saray_O

Hey @cidkramer

I'm sorry we couldn't get back to you earlier. 

I checked your account and I see that you're connected to the Ontario voicemail number so I don't think this is why your add-on has been used up. Have you called your voicemail after you initially noticed this? 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

cidkramer

so this issue still hasnt been responded to... which I'm kind of disappointed

WearySky

If you call your voicemail (by holding down 1, or whatever other shortcut method that doesn't involve directly calling your number), that's the access number that gets called.  It's weird if that is indeed the one that you're getting hit for LD minutes with (and there's nothing else that matches up to it).  

cidkramer

I have a 289 number and I'm not making the call.. it's auto selecting it and I'm looking at my usage and wondering when I made those calls but I made sense out of it based on my VM usage.

I've stayed in the GTHA since I've signed up for this plan, so no chance of being out of Ontario.

WRT priority, whenever they get to it, doesn't bother me.. as long as it's eventually rectified.

WearySky

You should only be calling the 289 access # if you have a 289 phone number (your phone should pick up the access # automatically).  If you do, and you say you haven't left Ontario, you definitely shouldn't be charged long distance minutes for it.  One of the mods should be able to help you if that's the case, I'll go ahead and tag @Mary_M for you.  Bear in mind that they are absolutely swamped with folks having issues of no service, partial service (incomplete ports), etc etc so those folks will likely take priority.

Need Help? Let's chat.