cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long distace

meeco1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i was wondering why someone got to call long distance when they phone me from landline to my public mobile number 

8 REPLIES 8

@meeco1234 wrote:

can i get my phone number changed back to what it was before through public mobile

You can only transfer a number from an active account. Is your old number active with a different carrier?

You can get a new number to any area code offered by Public Mobile by clicking "Change phone number" after logging into your self serve account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

meeco1234

can i get my phone number changed back to what it was before through public mobile

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@meeco1234 wrote:

i was wondering why someone got to call long distance when they phone me from landline to my public mobile number 

Long distance charge is paid the caller and not by the person who receives the call.  If the caller plan does not include Canada wide minutes, the caller will pay for the long distance charge.

@meeco1234 wrote:

our towns phone numbers start with 674 or does my husbands cell but he can call me without going long distance but my family who lives in the same town got to call long distance

Area code from different towns can be the same even if they are 100KM apart. Some local calling plans allow certain areas only. Your husband probably have either province-wide or Canada-wide calling, and that is why he is able to reach you without long distance. 

meeco1234

our towns phone numbers start with 674 or does my husbands cell but he can call me without going long distance but my family who lives in the same town got to call long distance

@meeco1234 wrote:

we are both in the same town. my husband can call me on his cell not long distance

I meant to ask, is your number from the same area? Did you pick the new number from same town you are in? 

Landlines are likely to have local calling and cellular plans now a days usually have province-wide or Canada-wide calling. 

meeco1234

we are both in the same town. my husband can call me on his cell not long distance

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@meeco1234 Is your number from the same area? If your number belongs to a different city and caller has local calling only, they need LD calling to call you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.