cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep getting warning msgs

qawsed222
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I kept getting warning msg "public mobile here. sorry we do not offer text msg outside of canada at this time"  

BUT I never tried to texted any msgs to abroad.

Another issue is service on and off a lot ! sim card issue? 

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite done!  If anyone would like to lend their suppport to this idea, please visit this thread and use the Bravo feature to up-vote the idea:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Allow-iMessaging-confirmation-texts-through...

Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Luddite touche.  Off to the public lab I shall go.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren That's my understanding too. 

Oh, Oh someone has forgotten improvement ideas must be published in Public Lab to be actually considered by the PM development team. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

@Luddite wrote:

OK @qawsed222 I found a definitive answer from someone I trust (@chukdefatey)

"I have answered similar OP many times. Here is the correct answer. Your iPhone is trying to activate imessage & face time. In order to activate those two iPhone exclusive functions is, your iPhone sends blind texts to a UK number now most carrier allow message to that number and you are not charged for it but in Public Mobiles case they don't offer texts outside of Canada and since PM doesn't have any pay per use charges for anything so when you phones send that blind text to a UK number you get the message you are getting.

People on Grandfathered plans don't have this issue because there plans include Global Texting."

@Luddite I think if you have the international texting option even on a non-grandfathered plan, these would go through fine as well.  

@Mary_M I'm wondering, is this something that PM could whitelist for people regardless of plan somehow?  Like, automatically allow the iMessaging activation texts through?  This would alleviate these occasional issues coming up.  It might be technically challenging, but I'm guessing that's basically what you're doing behind the scenes on a one-off basis as people run into the issue.  Basically I'm thinking it would be great to system-wide allow these iMessage set-up texts through, regardless of the person's plan. My two cents.  

@qawsed222 Don't forget to private message Mary. She may be able to stop them at the system level.

If unfamiliar with this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @qawsed222

Everything should be good to go now!

Can you please view my private message ?

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

qawsed222

thanks everyone. I guess im gonna wait a day or 2 and see

OK @qawsed222 I found a definitive answer from someone I trust (@chukdefatey)

"I have answered similar OP many times. Here is the correct answer. Your iPhone is trying to activate imessage & face time. In order to activate those two iPhone exclusive functions is, your iPhone sends blind texts to a UK number now most carrier allow message to that number and you are not charged for it but in Public Mobiles case they don't offer texts outside of Canada and since PM doesn't have any pay per use charges for anything so when you phones send that blind text to a UK number you get the message you are getting.

People on Grandfathered plans don't have this issue because there plans include Global Texting."

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @qawsed222

Thank you for letting us know!

This is a known issue- can you please send me your phone number via private message ?

Thanks

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Apple uses a server outside Canada to set up iMessaging. It automatically sends out an sms for various (i.e. unknown to me Robot Embarassed) reasons. Normally these stop after a day or two. No one has figured out how to prevent them. If you block the number I don't know if it will prevent iMessaging.

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

qawsed222

I barely send msgs to anyone. I got warning msgs like 20-30 per day and its so annoying. 

qawsed222

yes I am using an Iphone 5

Do you use an iPhone?

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Perhaps a rouge app trying to send international SMS's in the background?

Another thing I've read is that some numbers wrongly get flagged as international numbers, you'll need to contact the mods to get this fixed if you are having issues SMS'ing non international numbers.

Intermittent connectivity is either a sim card or sim slot issue in your sim card/phone, rarely a local service issue (maintenance, low signal). 

Need Help? Let's chat.