cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just signed up

last12know
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up, have sim card in, went through the sign up process, picked new phone number,  did auto pay with credit card, my credit card shows pending payment of $44, my account shows $2 balance for auto pay and I have no service. Does this take time to activate or am I missing something? would be really nice to speak to an agent but that doesn't seem to be an option 

6 REPLIES 6

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. You could potentially lose any rewards that have. Another thing to try is to manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.   If you are still having problems the contact a moderator. Moderator can be reached at  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 It can take 48 - 72 hours for a response.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Do you have another phone to test your sim in? 

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I activated 2 sims a few days ago and everything worked right away. I activated without the SIM in the phone so you may need to restart your phone if you had the sim in during activation. Check the portal to determine if your service is active. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@last12knowDid you put your SIM card in before you activate? If so, restart your phone or reinsert your SIM card.

There is no live agent at Public Mobile.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@last12know wrote:

I just signed up, have sim card in, went through the sign up process, picked new phone number,  did auto pay with credit card, my credit card shows pending payment of $44, my account shows $2 balance for auto pay and I have no service. Does this take time to activate or am I missing something? would be really nice to speak to an agent but that doesn't seem to be an option 

Have you restarted your phone? If that doesn't work, power down and take the SIM card out and put it back in. If that doesn't work check your settings to see if Public Mobile is selected as the network. If it is some people have had luck selecting a different network and then reselecting Public Mobile.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Can you access your self serve account?

Need Help? Let's chat.