cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with plans & renewals

dome
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having issues with renewing my plan. I changed my plan from the $40 option to the $35 option and I have replaced the credit card details. Unfortunately my account has been debited with the sum of $9.20 without any reactivation of my account. What is the way forward because I need my plan activated and then I want the $9.20 refund.

8 REPLIES 8

@kb_mv 

When changing from a higher priced plan to a lower priced plan it's best to have the funds in your plan to cover the higher priced plan ($40 in your case) because of a bug with the PM renewal system sometimes it will fail.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@dome wrote:

Thank you,. This worked pretty well for me 'cos I was connected via private messages to a moderator who explained what the issue was and also helped resolve.

@dome In the interest of everyone learning something it might be helpful if you explained what happened and what they did to resolve it.

dome
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you,. This worked pretty well for me 'cos I was connected via private messages to a moderator who explained what the issue was and also helped resolve.

@dome 

A few more details please.....which account has been debited $9.20? Since your self serve account works mostly in round numbers that amount sounds like your bank or credit card account.

If you are trying to reactivate after suspension  due to an autopay failure as mentioned by @geopublic  you must add the amount of funds owing then reactivate the system doesnt  automatically charge your card (except the one time during renewal) you have to manually add the funds yourself. Then click on reactivate then reboot your phone. Do all of this with a clear browser, in secret/incognito mode on Firefox, chrome or safari.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dome 

Would be helpful to take a look at your payment history and up know your account balance.

To switch plans immediately you must first put money on your account

If your account is suspended you should reactivate your account by clicking the reactivate button.

It may take you to payment option, if you have enough funds then add one dollar and proceed

You will need to restart your phone

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dome wrote:

I am having issues with renewing my plan. I changed my plan from the $40 option to the $35 option and I have replaced the credit card details. Unfortunately my account has been debited with the sum of $9.20 without any reactivation of my account. What is the way forward because I need my plan activated and then I want the $9.20 refund.

@dome  When changing from a higher priced plan to a lower priced plan it's best to have the funds in your plan to cover the higher priced plan ($40 in your case) because of a bug with the PM renewal system sometimes it will fail.

Best to submit a ticket to PM explain what happened and ask them to fix it. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dome your plan may be stuck mid change. Contact the moderators and ask them to fix it for you.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dome is the $9.20 is available funds. just add total available funds of $35 to reactivate your account

Screenshot_20200418-193411-01.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.