cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is anyone there? my cell says emergency calls only. how do i undo this?

rachel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my screen says emergency calls only. i can't call out. how do i undo this?

10 REPLIES 10

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I stand corrected. Thanks

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @DK

SIM free for iPhone refers to the fact that in the states you can also buy the phone from Apple unlocked but with a SIM card, i.e. the iPhone would come with a Verizon SIM card, the SIM free model works on different bands but still requires a SIM card, in order for a phone to take no SIM card it would have to be CDMA and CDMA phones cannot be unlocked. 

http://www.redmondpie.com/the-difference-between-unlocked-t-mobile-and-sim-free-iphone-6-6-plus-expl...

• Unlike the T-Mobile version of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, the SIM-free variant does not come with any SIM card out of the box, and you have to purchase it separately.

DK
@Griff these were the ones I was referring to but you are right that most have nano!

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/06/apple-sim-free-iphone6/

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DK

The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus both take nano SIM, the SIM tray is embedded in the side of the phone like the other iPhones.

DK
Glad it came back to life. Sorry most phones these days have Sims although they seem to be going back to simless again with the like of the new iPhone.

rachel

Thank you for your hep. my cell works now.

rachel

Yes, my account is up to date with payments. Yes, I tried rebooting the phone.  I don't use a sim card. I just have a regular samsung phone.  This cmorning i made a call and it was successful. then I called *611 and while I was waiting for a customer service rep the phone went dead and made a noise.  I tried to redail 611 but it didn't go through and the message came up stating the network is not registered. then i noticed that the screen said something I never noticed before: "emergency calls only".

DK
Have you tried rebooting the phone or trying the sim in another phone to see if it connects to the network.

Also is your account up to date with payments?

@rachel,

Did you try to reboot your phone ?

Verify in your self serve that your account is ACTIVE and not EXPIRED because you forgot to pay.

rachel

When I try calling out it says "network not registered". also, my screen says "emergency calls only". how do i undo this?  I need to call out. Can someone help me?

Need Help? Let's chat.