cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim

nikolariet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought brand new SIM card few month ago, I try to set up service, system said: my sim is not valid.

14 REPLIES 14

@nikolariet wrote:

I bought it in the public mobile store in the mall !

Sim card numbers are in a predictable sequence. It's possible that someone entered your sim card's number by mistake, but then swtiched to the proper sim card number after activating.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nikolariet wrote:

My problem is not able to active the sim card, at active the sim card step, when I enter sim number , it showing "invalid sim card'

Restart your browser to start with a fresh PM activation session.

PM server does not handle session state very well.  Always restart your browser if you need to go back a page.

If you continue to get invalide SIM error, wait for an hour before try it again and your previous activation may be still be active even after restart browser.

nikolariet

Thank you very much.

I am going to try what you just said 🙂    see what happen !

nikolariet

My problem is not able to active the sim card, at active the sim card step, when I enter sim number , it showing "invalid sim card'

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikolariet wrote:

No, today is first time I try to active it, because I need a new phone right now.

So if you tried just once and it immediately came back with invalid SIM then I suspect geopublic is right. If you tried more than once due to maybe a different problem during activation then give it another try as sometimes it takes a period of time to clear the error attempt.

Clear cache/site cookies, use incognito/privacy mode or simply an unfiltered browser to give it its best chance.

nikolariet

No, today is first time I try to active it, because I need a new phone right now.

davidsharp

Another method you could try is the substitution method. Put it in another phone to see if it works there. Get a friend to give it a try. I've bought 4 of these online and they've all works, perhaps yours is damaged. Sometimes they fail if you insert them while the phone is still on. 

nikolariet

What should I do ? I bought it brand new ! should customer sevice give me a new one ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikolariet wrote:

Did you try to activate the SIM when you got it months ago?

Or did you get the invalid SIM message on your first attempt here recently? Or have you been trying more than once here recently?

nikolariet

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nikolariet wrote:

I bought brand new SIM card few month ago, I try to set up service, system said: my sim is not valid.

@nikolariet  if that error appeared as soon as you entered the sim number (first time) then that card has been previously activated and cannot be reused.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nikolariet try clearing your browser history , go to incognito/ private mode,  disable ad blocking and try again to activate your SIM.

@nikolariet wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikolariet wrote:

Was this try a few months ago or just now?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you have to restart the application?

Did it show that from the first time you entered it?

It may be locked to previous session up to an hour?

Try waiting clearing cache and activating in incognito mode

If they didn't work contact moderatorshttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Where did you get it?

Need Help? Let's chat.