cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone sends MMS but cannot receive MMS

Martha1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I just recently siwtched over to public mobile and things are going mostly smoothly, however while I can send MMS I can't receive them. 

I tried following https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone but am unabe to enter the details in the link as there is no MMS section in the specified settings.

- sending and receiving with my previous provider and same phone worked fine

- iOS is up to date

- MMS is enabled 

- I did reset the Mobile Data network settings but still, no MMS setting section

If one of you have any ideas on how I can receive MMS texts, that's be neat.

Cheers!

7 REPLIES 7

Martha1234

Thanks, will do!

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Martha1234 wrote:

I kept my number from Freedom, it was prepaid then as well, outgoing and incoming calls work just fine.

I would send a message to the moderators to take a look, if it's been 3 days. To send a message to the moderators click here.  In the private message to the moderator, include your Public Mobile Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, email address (used to activate your Public Mobile account), and an explanation of your problem.  Response time is between a few hours up to 48 hours. 

Moderator hours have been extended as of March 11th, 2019:

Weekdays 8am to 12am

Weekends 8am to 10pm (eastern time)

Martha1234

I kept my number from Freedom, it was prepaid then as well, outgoing and incoming calls work just fine.

Martha1234

I switched 3 days agor from Freedom and I kept my number.

Pizzaeh

@Martha1234 , you can also read this post by @will13am for the same issue.  See if it helps.

Pizzaeh

@Martha1234 wrote:

Hi there,

I just recently siwtched over to public mobile and things are going mostly smoothly, however while I can send MMS I can't receive them. 

I tried following https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone but am unabe to enter the details in the link as there is no MMS section in the specified settings.

- iOS is up to date

- MMS is enabled 

- I did reset the Mobile Data network settings but still, no MMS setting section

Cheers!

You ported in your number from another carrier; was it a prepaid line, with which carrier?  You're able to receive calls when people call your number?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Martha1234 wrote:

Hi there,

- iOS is up to date

- MMS is enabled 

Cheers!

How recently did you switch to PM ? Did you port over or select a new number ? Welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.