cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone - could not activate cellular data

Kalym
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, just back from overseas vacation where I used another SIM card.  Came back yesterday and put back in my PM card - now when I get onto the Internet I get error "could not activate cellular data network" even when I toggle the option on or off in my settings, and even put back in my vacation SIM card to try to make my phone recognize the PM card.

issue exists for mine and my wife's iPhone,  

any assistence greatfully received 

10 REPLIES 10

canadianrhythm

You, sir, are the knight who saved me from frustration. I had tried everything but could not get it to work. Your idea worked. Yay! 

Kalym

When I looked at the cellular network settings, the only option I had was for personal hotspot so I couldn't do anything.  It got me stumped!

baijuxp

that is great. Resetting the carrier / network settings could work as well. There are preconfigured settings available on the internet as well. 🙂

Kalym
Yup, that was it, just delete the unused profile!

Kalym

I *think* I got it working... though I was trying everything so this may not be right, and will try on my wife's iPhone to confirm

go to settings / general / profile

in configuration file, delete any that you don't need ( in my case the UK sim I had )

then I think I rebooted and it worked.

thanks to everyone and will update when I confirm it

Kalym

Tried to reset the network settings and rebooted iPhone.  Did not work.  Can not activate cellular data network.   

Thanks guys for suggestions, any others??

Kalym

Thanks for the suggestion, but under my network settings I only see hotspot information.  

Will try the network reset option now.

i sometimes hate my iPhone so much

Kalym

Thanks for the suggestion, but under my network settings I only see hotspot information.  

Will try the network reset option now.

i sometimes hate my iphone

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kalym I'd try a network reset, or maybe attach to iTunes to look for carrier updates?

@Rockdaddy22 @Luddite any other suggestions?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Assuming you've tried rebooting the phones already, have you checked to be sure your active APN settings have not changed?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Setting-Up-Data-APN-On-Your-Ph...

Need Help? Let's chat.