cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone call service bug

HumbleBee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I use an iPhone XS and I noticed that anytime I click on a number like  +12895550505 I get audio saying that I do not have voice calling as part of my plan. 

It is only when I click on numbers like this with ether + in front of it or and ext. at the end of the number.

Maybe its iOS. I never had this issue before. 

Does anyone else have this issue? 

6 REPLIES 6

@mcs11 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

Think 011 is international long distance code?

Yes, 011 is the international long distance dialling code. I'm surprised that a phone would change from +1 to 011.

+1 is the way the phone displays the number. In North America 1 is all you need but if you have +1 with a North American number it will dial 001 which is exactly the same as dialing 1 when in North America. Outside you will need the 001(+1) to dial a North American number. 

This is strange, I just checked my phone and all my outside NA numbers are displayed as 011.

EDIT: It seems to be quite random for my Canadian numbers, some have +1, some just 1 and some nothiing at all but area code, which are probably the ones that warns me long distance charges may apply.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

Yes, 011 is the international long distance dialling code. I'm surprised that a phone would change from +1 to 011.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have an iPhone 8+ and before that an iPhone 5S. I have all my numbers stored with a + in front (Canadian or otherwise), just to facilitate long distance calling as I used to travel quite a bit. Like @Luddite, I haven't had any issues with connecting on these + numbers.

With extensions, these have never worked for me either. I have to enter the extension after connecting to the main number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I noticed this myself a few weeks back.  Couldn't complete the call.

However, when I double checked my call log, the outgoing number changed from +12895550505 to 0112895550505.  

Try dialling without the +1, it should work.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Using an SE, and before that a 5. Have never had an issue with +1, but numbers with extensions tacked on never connect.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.