cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s and SE 2020 both flipping to wrong time

MsDrix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My husband's phone (6s) and mine (SE 2020) have both been randomly switching to the wrong time.  When I notice it I just put it to airplane mode for a moment and then when it reconnects to the network it's the correct time.  

I'm a bit concerned that if this happens when I've got an alarm set I'll wind up way too early for something (better than late - but still!)

Can you help?  

4 REPLIES 4

Set your data to LTE!

OldGuyinVic

Yes this just happened to me as well and I even turned off my phone and restarted it but it did not get rid of the problem. That was before I came here to the community. In this string I saw the airplane mode solution which worked perfectly. Thank you

MsDrix

Thanks - that's a great idea.  

🙂

@MsDrix wrote:

My husband's phone (6s) and mine (SE 2020) have both been randomly switching to the wrong time.  When I notice it I just put it to airplane mode for a moment and then when it reconnects to the network it's the correct time.  

I'm a bit concerned that if this happens when I've got an alarm set I'll wind up way too early for something (better than late - but still!)

Can you help?  

One option would be to manually set the time and not rely on the automatic settings. When settings are set outside of your control, there's always a small chance that the wrong time can be sent to your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.