cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage

JM6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

iMessage stopped working altogether, thought it was my phone as it is a iphone 8,

just received new iPhone 14 and iMessage still will not work

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JM6 wrote:

Problem seems to be solved, updated the IOS on the iPhone 14 from 16.3 to 16.4 then voila it worked /allowed access to imessage again. Reset the iPhone 8 to factory and that seems to work now as well. This issue started a week ago so whatever, its working now TY for your help.

@JM6 

If you setup your the iPhone 14 from your iPhone 8 with config issue, your iPhone 14 will have the same issue if you did not restart your iPhone 14.

1.  During the upgrade to iOS 16.4, PM specific config may also updated. 

2.  Restart phone after iOS update may fix the issue too

3.  After factory reset of iPhone 8 will be forced to restart your phone to reconfigure your phone for PM service.

JM6

TY

@JM6 happy that it is resolved !!!

JM6

Problem seems to be solved, updated the IOS on the iPhone 14 from 16.3 to 16.4 then voila it worked /allowed access to imessage again. Reset the iPhone 8 to factory and that seems to work now as well. This issue started a week ago so whatever, its working now TY for your help.

@JM6 it could be your iMessage accout caused that. iMessage can work on wifi after setup without the mobile data and sim, that is why might not be PM issue

JM6

Hit wrong button still not fixed, funny that it would be apple problem on two different phones doing the exact same thing?

@JM6 turn on Airplane mode the turn WiFi back on and try again 

Honest, look like an Apple issue, maybe post in the Apple Community as well, or visit an Apple store 

JM6

We are unable to even access imessage at all in settings as when we click on it it is just a blank screen and then it freezes. It does the same for both phones .We logged in and out of apple ID with no change. I am wondering if this is a SIM card issue as it is identical on both phones.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JM6 

iMessage working fine for me.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JM6 I guess this is not a PM issue.  You tried it on WiFi as well?

On both phones, turn off iMessage or Facetime, then log out your Apple ID (from Settings – iTunes and App Store).

Om the new phone, Log back in again, then turn on iMessage or Facetime once again

Let us know if it works

Need Help? Let's chat.