cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to setup voicemail with default greeting

littleburger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

I would like to set up my voicemail without leave my name, or make my own greeting, is there any way I can set up a default greeting for voicemail. 

Thank you 

18 REPLIES 18

Nlguy

You're welcome 

Murphymom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks ...just set mine up using your advice

Nlguy

If you want the voicemail to default to your number you need to access your voicemail and enter 4433.

This will delete your recorded name and read out your number when someone reaches your voice mail. 

I had problems myself but it took me a day to set it right

Nlguy

Cheapish

Call your cell number from your mobile phone to start the voicemail activation process. You will be required to record your name, record a personal greeting, and setup a PIN.

After your voice mail has been setup you can delete your recordings (name and personal greeting) which will force the system to play an automated greeting:
"You have reached mail box number xxx-xxx-xxxx. Please leave your message after the tone. After leaving a message you can hang up or press # for more options."

How to delete your recorded greeting:
1. Dial your cell number from your mobile phone (or if you are already in your voice mail box then press * as many times as necessary to return to the main menu).
2. From the main menu: press 3 (manage greetings), press 1 (manage personal greetings), press 4 (delete personal greeting), press 1 (delete greeting 1).

How to delete your recorded name:
1. Dial your cell number from your mobile phone (or if you are already in your voice mail box then press * as many times as necessary to return to the main menu).
2. From the main menu: press 4 (personal options), press 4 (modify personal preferences), press 3 (access recorded name), press 3 (delete name).

rajeh_h
Hi @Shazia_K
I am having the same issue where I do not get an option 6, even after doing a hard reboot of my phone. Can you please help?
Thanks.

Moghrabi
Not a problem, I'll send it shortly

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Moghrabi

I'm sorry for the trouble 😞 

Can you send me your Public Mobile phone number via private message? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Moghrabi

@Shazia_K,

I've rebooted my phone. I still get the system message but it still leaves my name as blank as I did not supply one. I also do not get an option to record my name when dialing my voicemail number. The only option I believe I get is to record a fully custom greeting, which I don't want.

Thanks for your help!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Moghrabi

Can you try to reboot your phone one time?

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Moghrabi

Hey @Shazia_K,

I can press 3 to manage greetings.

1 - personal greetings

2 - busy greeting

3 - holiday meeting

4 - so on...

Pressing 1:
1 - Activate personal greeting

2. Play personal greeting

3. Recording personal greeting

star - previous menu

Pressing 1 again:
1. Activate personal greeting

2. Play personal greeting

3. Record personal greeting

star - previous menu

Pressing 1 again:

It says the system greeting is active. I can press 9 to hear it or press 7 to "play it" (not sure what the difference is).

When I call my phone from another phone, it simply says "You've reached the mailbox of (no name here because I didn't say anything), is unavailable..."

I want to record it so it does say my name, or at least my phone number 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Moghrabi

I'm sorry about this, 

What options are you hearing ?

Moghrabi

Hey @Shazia_K I'm having the same issue as the OP. There isn't an option to press "6", it just says invalid entry. Has the menu changed?

Preferably, I'd like to state my name and that's all, but I'm not getting that option to do so either.

littleburger

Here is the instructions,  but the problem is from my voicemail have no press 6 activate standard greeting option . ???? Is it just my voicemail not have that option, or is it because I already setup a voicemail so I can't change it to default? ?

From the handset, dial 1+ the 10-digit phone number + Send.

orFrom a landline, dial the 10-digit phone number and press the star key to interrupt the system greeting

- Enter password when prompted

- Press 3 for Greetings options

- Press 1 for Personal Greetings options

- Press 6 to activate standard systems greeting

littleburger
Spoiler
Smiley Happythank you 

littleburger

Lol, for me the voicemail mostly for the number I don't know. 

melcle1

Hiiii @littleburger 

This page will help you, simply look at Shazia_K reply 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/setting-up-voice-mail-message/m-p/50917/hig...

Mel. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Not sure about no name but you can initialize voicemail without a personal greeting. If you must give a name, invent one! Smiley LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.