cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change plan immediately?

adamlaj77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

so i ran out of data on my 90 day plan, now i'd like to change today to the 4.5gb 3g plan, $40 per month. my cycle was supposed to end july 28th but i want to change it today. Im just not sure how to do that? is it just called 'topping up your account' , in the change your plan section? 

11 REPLIES 11

@adamlaj77 wrote:

so i ran out of data on my 90 day plan, now i'd like to change today to the 4.5gb 3g plan, $40 per month. my cycle was supposed to end july 28th but i want to change it today. Im just not sure how to do that? is it just called 'topping up your account' , in the change your plan section? 

You will end up losing the rest of your plan from now until July 28th, but I'm sure you already knew that.  There won't be any refunded credit for the unused portion of your old plan.

As you've already noticed, payment is due immediately, when you choose to change your plan immediately.  The rewards should get used.    However, I would not be surprised if that does not happen until the start of your next billing cycle.  I say that because rewards have to first get moved from the rewards section of your account to the main account balance.  On  your plan due date, this gets done automatically.  I'm uncertain if changing your plan to take effect immdiately will trigger the system to transfer your rewards into your account balance.  Please report back to us what actually happens.  Wost case, the rewards will stay in your rewards section until your next bill cycle and they'll be used then.

lstokes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

If you already have rewards deposited on your account, then they should be used. If you are expecting the ones for loyalty, referrals, and auto-pay, those only apply when your natural bill cycle comes around.

Cheers,

Liam

lstokes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

Unfortunately you are required to top up your account immediately when you change your plan. Or you can set it to change on your next bill cycle. If you can't wait until then, but you also don't want to pay for the new plan right away, you could see if there are any data top-ups available just to tide tou over until then. Also, if you find yourself using lots of data, there is a $45 5.5GB plan as well.

Cheers,

Liam Stokes

I am not sure, but my sense is rewards only apply during auto renewal.  

adamlaj77

ok so i just did it. i payed $40 , the price plan , but im not sure if my rewards were used towards the payment? hmm. 

@adamlaj77 wrote:

when i click on the new plan the change your plan now options turns into top up your account. 

This is exactly what should happen.  If you select immediate plan change, you need to top up your account because payment is required immediately.  

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should probably send a private message to Moderator_Team and ask them to make the change for you.

adamlaj77

when i click on the new plan the change your plan now options turns into top up your account. 

a1_gaurav

There should be 2 options, change it immediately or change it on next renewal date. Try searching for that. Alternatively you could maybe go to a Public Mobile shop. 

adamlaj77

i try and click change plan now and it does nothing.. it's just set for change plan on renewal date.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No, you need to select the plan you want ($40 for 4.5 GB of Data at 3G Speed) and "Change Plan Now". 

Need Help? Let's chat.