Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to activate

barriedennett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am $35 in credit but cannot use data outside of wifi zones - how do I activte

13 REPLIES 13

@GinYVR wrote:

@barriedennettIf you have $35 credit, you still need to purchase the add on. (for the 1Gb it will take your balance to $5).

Use @srlawren 's guide here. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974/hig...

@barriedennett  Don't worry this is a common mistake people make. Just go in to the add ons and choose the data top up then confirm your purchase. Don't know which plan you are on but maybe you want to up your plan and change now. I.E. $40 plan go to $50 etc... sure you would have to add a few more bucks but then you have plenty of data for the next 30 days. 1gb for $30 is a bit pricey but it does roll over. Just something to consider you could downgrade next renewal if you don't need it.

@barriedennettIf you have $35 credit, you still need to purchase the add on. (for the 1Gb it will take your balance to $5).

Use @srlawren 's guide here. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974/hig...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barriedennett wrote:

I've checked and reset APN, my data has run out that's why I paid $35 for a top up.  

If you're still seeing $35 in your Available Funds then you need to go and actually buy the 1gb add-on for $30 using that money. Not new or yet more money.

Or you would need to contact the moderators to do an early renewal.

Or you could do an immediate plan change to another plan with more data.

barriedennett

I tried the swithch on switch off of the phone and airplane mode.  Didnt work.

I have run out of data which is why I logged on to my account and bought $35 plan to give me more data.  The account shows $35 credit but I am still stuck with no data and limit calls messages etc. 

I'm from the UK and bought one of these rubbish sim cards to avoid excessive charges.  

barriedennett

Of course data is turned on

barriedennett

I've checked and reset APN, my data has run out that's why I paid $35 for a top up.  

barriedennett

I would be happy to do a fake second purchase to activated my data etc but on each attempt I am asked to give credit card details and with $35 already paid others with similar problems make it likely that I would be throwing more money away.  

I am from the UK and have bought a local Sim card to avoid excessive costs.  It is currently worthless to me

@barriedennett wrote:

Having $35 in your account balance doe not enable data if you don't already have it on your account? Do you have data in your plan and has it ever worked?

If you are trying to purchase a data add-on pacakge, having money in your account balance could indicated that the data add-on was not purchased properly. Public Mobile has a strange add-on purchase process, one that requires customer to pretend to purhase it twice.  The first time around, funds get added to the account balance if you don't already have enough.  Then, the customer has to go back and repeate the process for the purchase to complete.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barriedennett wrote:

Or do you just need to top up or change your plan?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@barriedennett wrote:

@barriedennett  As others have mentioned make sure data on you device is on. These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

If you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barriedennett wrote:

Try these: Reboot phone...work? Remove SIM card wait 10-15 min reinsert....work? Airplane mode...turn it on, wait 10 min, turn off....work?

Did you run out of data? Log in to your account, if your plan shows no data you need to either purchase an add on 1gb data (rolls over) $30 200mb $10 or consider an immediate plan change with more data or wait it out and maybe change on your renewal to a plan with more data. Tried the tricks? Have data yet? There's a couple more...

Jags

Perhaps turn on your data in your settings.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried to set your APN again? What plan are you on now? Maybe your data ran out.

Need Help? Let's chat.