cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I send a text message to +86 18976373566

tonyliu2ca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

or how do I know if I can send a text message to different country.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

01186189****** seems alright to me. If it didn't work, that must be some errors from other end. contact that company, they might not recognize oversea cell numbers. China has a lot of different rules. Good Luck

tonyliu2ca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks all above.

My plan does have the UNLIMITED TEXT

I have triple confirmed the number is right, have tried 0118618976373566, +8618976373566, 008618976373566, 18976373566, but none of them can be recognized, the text are sent OK with no error message from PB.

it's a text message service number only, I was going to register my phone number for a service, the website send me a passcode and let me text the passcode back so they compare the phone number and the code to identify the phone number is belong to me, all the service are automatice. the problem is they can never verify phone+passcode pair. One of the problem might be the phone number they got are not the same as my 001 587 *** ****。 Wonder if our PB number are showed different in different country.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @tonyliu2ca!

The +8610 xxx xxx xxxx is the correct format for calling Beijing and should work.

If you compare the number you provided in your post, it appears to be 1 digit short.  Possibly a 0 is missing after 861.  Do look into the city code of the city you are trying to call and try again. 

georgepacan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@tonyliu2ca put +011 first then the number you want ot text in another country

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Texting is pretty much like making a phone call but using a different app.  The format of the number is the same that is used for calling.  Dialing + in front of country code will work.  Using 011 instead of + is another alternative.

MySweetPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

+86 represents the country code for China and you will be able to send text messages to +86 18976373566 if you have signedup for a global text plan. 

If you don't have a global text plan then, text will not simply go and you will not be charged too.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you signed up for a texting plan, you can send to anywhere (globally).  If you don't have a texting plan, you won't be charged for trying to send a text.  It just won't go through.

I haven't sent any texts outside north america, so I can't confirm the proper way to specify the number.  However, if 86 is the country code, and the rest of the digits are the phone number, then it looks OK.

Need Help? Let's chat.