cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with set up, speak or type with a helper

cjp39
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've already put the new sim card in and thought I'd gone through all the steps, but my phone is still not connected. How can I speak or type with someone for help?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cjp39 wrote:

I've already put the new sim card in and thought I'd gone through all the steps, but my phone is still not connected. How can I speak or type with someone for help?

@cjp39 

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*is the phone locked to its previous provider? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

*Is your phone compatible with PM?

If payment has been taken for the SIM activation, and the above is not solving any issues, contact the Moderators to check your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Anonymous
Not applicable

your welcome to public mobile 

Please explain what is the issue you facing !

at public mobile no one can speak to you for help only here at Community

or by Submit a ticket to moderator Team.

please explanation your issue we can help you 

to keep you a happy customer 

Good Luck 

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cjp39 

If you are porting your old number to PM, did you leave your old SIM in the phone and wait for a text from your previous carrier to confirm with YES you are porting over? There is a 90 minute window to answer the text.

If you are getting a new number from PM,

did you complete to step 4? Check your self service account to see if you were charged for the plan. 
If you were charged, power off your phone then wait a few minutes then power the phone back on.

If all fails, contact a moderator by clicking on the SIMon chat button and ask to contact a moderator to complete your activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cjp39 : You're typing with humans right now. There IS service here with customer service reps but it's all by typing.

Did you go through the activation process and pay? Did you transfer a number or pick a new one? What specific make/model/submodel phone do you have?

jokerr11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There’s no real customer service for public but you can ask your questions here and people can try to help out!

Need Help? Let's chat.