cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got charged but the activation was failed

Ccardoner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Public Mobile,

I am really disappointed with the service that you are providing. First, when I tried to activate my sim, at the last step i got an error, so the payment did not go through.

I singed up in the community to see if a mod could help me, but a week has passed and I did not receive any answer.

Today, I have checked my credit card balance and verified that I gol charge 135.60$ for a service that i don't even use. I ried to use my sim card but i do not have Data, it seems that i can send and received calls but this is not the service i paid for, plus it looks like my account is blocked as every time i try to sing in i got an error saying that the ursernmae doesn't exist.

If I do not receive a solution during the weekend I will report you as a scam company. This is very frustrating and you are playing with people. I am very unsatisfied with the general service and I would not recommend your company to anyone!

Cristina

2 REPLIES 2

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I understand your frustration, but breathe. This is not new and the mods are trying their best to fix all these problems, but they are swamped from the recent promo, so it will take time. Only thing I can tell you is make sure you have the correct APN settings on your phone. 

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

Other than this, private message a mod and explain the problem you're having. This is not a scam company, they just came unprepared for the promo they just recently had. Once you get everything fixed, it'll all be worth it.

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The wait is frustrating for sure. That said, they're not a scam. The Mods are "just" completely swamped from the promo. Hang in there.

Might be able to get things kick started without waiting for a Mod. Go to the My Account sign-in page at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/  

Instead of signing in, click "Create" to self register.

Another post indicates we should wait 24 hours after a failed activation (you're well past that), and that we should verify the credit card was charged (already done).

Not sure whether that will activate data...but that should get you into Self Serve.

Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.