cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

glitch

SilviaGroicher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since I responded to a free 2GB offer from Public Mobile last Friday my phone service is glitching and does not work proper anymore. Is there any chance that this is related with the free offer?

I get the error message your iPhone is currently unable to access cellular data or make and receive calls or messages.

I tried to upgrade and it is currently up to date 15.7.2. As soon as I leave the house it disconnects at some point and no more phone service is provided. I have to manually plug it to the computer to get the phone service back.

10 REPLIES 10

I do not see reset network settings

@SilviaGroicher check this page for instructions with screenshots

https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-reset-network-settings-on-ios-15-and-what-does-it-do/

kirkhutchinson

I would recommend full system reset . 

@SilviaGroicher wrote:

I do not see reset network settings, I can only find transfer or reset i-phone. 

What iPhone do you have? According Apple iOS 16 is not compatible with iPhone 7 or older. 

Go to Settings>Cellular Data Network> If APN settings is not "isp.mb.com" then >Reset settings. 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT213411

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SilviaGroicher 

I know that iOS have bugs for cell connectivity. The latest iOS 16.2 was to fix that. iOS 15.7.2 is an old update unless you have an iPhone 6 or older.

SilviaGroicher

I do not see reset network settings, I can only find transfer or reset i-phone. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I would say it's a weird coincidence. Keep wifi off for all testing. So when you put the sim in another phone were you able to call in and out and text in and out and browse the internet on cell data (not wifi).

Were you able to try another working sim in the problem phone?

SilviaGroicher

I just switched the sim cards and turned the wifi off and it works on both phones. I guess it is not a phone issue then?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@SilviaGroicher 

try resetting the network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

check to see if there is a carrier update. stay in the about section for 10 seconds to see if an update appears 

• open settings
  • general
  • about

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SilviaGroicher   no, it won't be related (offer and your service problem)

first, try to reseat the sim card, power off the phone, take sim card out for a minute and put it back and power on

If that doesn't help, try to put your sim card in another phone and see if the sim card works there, it could confirm if it is a phone issue or sim card/account

If sim card works well on another phone, now, try to put another active sim card in your iPhone.  If it has the same problem, it could be the phone.   Maybe a fault phone with the sim reader or antenna?  In that case, you can either try wiping the phone and see if it helps.. or Apple shops would be your friend.  Bring it to an Apple store for them to test 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Glitch vs offer....NO

First step.

Reboot phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.