cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding simcard number

aliagha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am looking for my sim card number. my rogerrs has 20 digit but public mobile aske me to provide 19 digit. what should I do?

13 REPLIES 13

@slusagm 

Yes I am aware of that but I was referring if it was a Koodo prepaid service since OP is porting from Rogers…they can ignore this step.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Chalupa_Batman 

i still see it as OP is transferring from Rogers.  , but of course, best for @aliagha  to clarify

@slusagm wrote:

@BKNS27 wrote:
  • Note that your previous service is Koodo prepaid…you will need to pick a temporary number and contact the CS_Agent to complete the porting of your old number.
  •  

@BKNS27 

op is transferring from Rogers

Actually, the OP is asking how to change their network from Rogers to Public Mobile. We could speculate that the OP is trying to transfer from Rogers to PM but so far everything the OP has said points to the theory they have a Rogers SIM card and want to use it on the Public Mobile network. That is how I'm reading it. 🙂 And until the OP shares more information, everyone here just keep throwing out posts. The ball is now in the OP's court to share more information to get help.

Hello @aliagha 

@aliagha wrote:

I said that I would like to change my operator network from rogerrs to public mobile. 

Chalupa_Batman_0-1722130071975.png

Can you please show me where you said this? 

You asked where to find it. I provided you info to find it. 

If you require more help, feel free to share more information about what you're trying to do so the other members here will help you. Good luck.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BKNS27 wrote:
  • Note that your previous service is Koodo prepaid…you will need to pick a temporary number and contact the CS_Agent to complete the porting of your old number.
  •  

@BKNS27 

op is transferring from Rogers

@aliagha 

to contact support: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

aliagha

how can I access to CS_Agent? 

@aliagha 

Make sure your Rogers account is still active to port your number over to PM.

The steps must be followed in exact order if you are porting your number over to PM:

• Make sure your old SIM is active so don’t cancel serviced with them.
  • Purchase a PM SIM from Amazon ($4.99), Canadian Cell Supplies ($6.99) or pick one up from Telus/Koodo store ($10.00) or free SIM or eSIM from Public (only if your phone is eSIM compatible so check).
  • Download the PM app on your phone to activate the SIM. Use the old account number and not the IMEI to avoid issues. Complete to step 6. Note that your previous service is Koodo prepaid…you will need to pick a temporary number and contact the CS_Agent to complete the porting of your old number.
  • Keep the old SIM in your phone and wait for the text from old carrier and confirm with YES you are porting over to PM within 90 minute window once you get the text.
  • Keep the old SIM in your phone until porting process is completed because the old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours.
  • Power off the phone once porting is completed then switch to PM SIM and power on your phone.

@aliagha wrote:

access is denied

The message in the link isn't supposed to be accessible.  It's only a placehodler to indicate that I had removed a duplicate messgae from this thread.

aliagha

access is denied

@aliagha wrote:

i am looking for my sim card number. my rogerrs has 20 digit but public mobile aske me to provide 19 digit. what should I do?

Sorry, but your Rogers SIM card cannot be used. You'll need a buy a Public Mobile SIM card.

aliagha

I said that I would like to change my operator network from rogerrs to public mobile. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Umm...  this is Public Mobile. Not Rogers.

As you can see by this picture. There are 19 digits.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1722128682366.png

Need Help? Let's chat.