cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faster data

Tman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there, just wondering when public mobile will be getting 4g lte unlimited data in canada like it's competitors? Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Tman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sasktel is lightning! so crazy 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@popping wrote:

A bean counter(s) in PM, Lucky or Chatr will figure out giving full LTE speed to their tier 3 customers with 1 or 2GB data plans will increase their bottom line as full LTE speed will burn up the 1 or 2GB data quota quickly before end of 30 days cycle.  This will happen when 5G is everywhere.

They must not want subs to use data faster by giving us slower speeds. Faster speeds makes it easier to use it all faster and would increase the amount of add-on purchases and early renewals. Public doesn't have full LTE speed because they prefer customers go to Koodo. It's a way to make Public look worse and Koodo better.

@cavemantoronto, Public Mobile does have full speed LTE plans.  None of them are currently available and are grandfathered to those plans.  If someone was to switch away from a grandfathered plan they would not have the option of moving back to their plan.

Yes, correct. I should be more exact. I meant to be talking about current plans.

@Korth wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

Unlimited? That won't happen unless other third tier providers offer it. Public Mobile doesn't care what Rogers, Telus, Koodo, Fido, Virgin, Bell do.  They compete with Lucky and Chatr.

Um ... "unlimited" data offered on some or all plans ...

Lucky 128kbps, Chatr 64kbps, Freedom 256kbps

Virgin 128kbps, Fido 64kbps

Telus 512kbps, Bell 512kbps, Rogers 512kbps, Shaw 256kbps, SaskTel 2000kbps

Public and Koodo ... NONE

Removing the first sentence from the quote changes the meaning of my message. I know that Chatr and Lucky have unlimited. In the context of my message, I was saying that unlimited won't happen with full speed LTE unless third tier providers do it.

@cavemantoronto wrote:

Unlimited? That won't happen unless other third tier providers offer it. Public Mobile doesn't care what Rogers, Telus, Koodo, Fido, Virgin, Bell do.  They compete with Lucky and Chatr.

Um ... "unlimited" data offered on some or all plans ...

Lucky 128kbps, Chatr 64kbps, Freedom 256kbps

Virgin 128kbps, Fido 64kbps

Telus 512kbps, Bell 512kbps, Rogers 512kbps, Shaw 256kbps, SaskTel 2000kbps

Public and Koodo ... NONE

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@popping wrote:

A bean counter(s) in PM, Lucky or Chatr will figure out giving full LTE speed to their tier 3 customers with 1 or 2GB data plans will increase their bottom line as full LTE speed will burn up the 1 or 2GB data quota quickly before end of 30 days cycle.  This will happen when 5G is everywhere.

They must not want subs to use data faster by giving us slower speeds. Faster speeds makes it easier to use it all faster and would increase the amount of add-on purchases and early renewals. Public doesn't have full LTE speed because they prefer customers go to Koodo. It's a way to make Public look worse and Koodo better.

@cavemantoronto, Public Mobile does have full speed LTE plans.  None of them are currently available and are grandfathered to those plans.  If someone was to switch away from a grandfathered plan they would not have the option of moving back to their plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@popping wrote:

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Bean counter(s) in PM, Lucky or Chatr will figure out giving full LTE speed to their tier 3 customers with 1 or 2GB data plans will increase their bottom line as full LTE speed will burn up the 1 or 2GB data quota quickly before end of 30 days cycle.  This will happen when 5G is everywhere.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Tman wrote:

Hey there, just wondering when public mobile will be getting 4g lte unlimited data in canada like it's competitors? Thanks

They had LTE speed before but discontinued it. Unlimited? That won't happen unless other third tier providers offer it. Public Mobile doesn't care what Rogers, Telus, Koodo, Fido, Virgin, Bell do.  They compete with Lucky and Chatr.

If you want your data to flow through a fire hose instead of through a garden hose then you'll very quickly find the few GB your plan provides aren't going to last all month. You can use it all up in just minutes if you run speedtests or high-quality video streams.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tman , if you want faster than 3 mbits/s data speed, you need to consider the tier 1 and 2 brands.  Public Mobile and its direct competitors are tier 3.  Collectively they have decided to compete using heavily throttle data speeds.  

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Tman wrote:

Unlikely with PM since they are a 3rd tier carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.