cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim Activation

Jrey1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I recently signed up for a plan and went with eSim. I paid for the plan and went through the steps on the app for activation and then it is stuck on "activating..." for longer than 30 minutes now and is on SOS. It already said something about letting it run in the background but it hasn't changed at all. When I go to the app it already has my profile  set up, but I don't have any service.

I set one account already earlier today with no issues and am experiencing this issue on my 2nd line.

What should I do? thanks

7 REPLIES 7

unclemickey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We seem to require patience.  The eSIM was in activating status for about 30 minutes.  When the SIM from the previous provider was turned off, need to reboot the iPhone and then about 2 minutes later, the eSIM was on and active and the previous SIM turned off... all good.  patience is key !  🙂

Jrey1

Oh okay sorry didn't know! First time PM user here. 

@Jrey1 

It's usually frowned upon around here to mark your own post as a "solution".

You can change it if you want by tapping the downward arrow and make the change there from the pull-down menu options.

😉

Sometimes around here @Jrey1 , time and waiting is your best friend.  😉

Jrey1

Actually on the phone, the screen said eSim failed to setup, contact Public Mobile. But it connected shortly after and works now? Haha. Thanks for the help all.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jrey1 

the eSIM installed on the phone yet? Try to reboot the phone, try Reset All network, and make sure the ESim is enabled and Use this line is toggled on 

if same  and still does not work, please submit a ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Did you set up a separate Eversafe profile for the 2nd account?

Each account/service requires a separate and unique e-mail address and Eversafe ID.

Need Help? Let's chat.