cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM transfers

trex1989
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All, I quickly wanted to check on this. If it’s get a new phone and would like to activate esim on that while deactivating it on my older device? How does one do that?

Is it possible to get a new esim for the next device?

5 REPLIES 5

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately not @Lijo, it must be a Public Mobile SIM Card. Telus SIM Cards are not compatible with Public Mobile

If you need to buy a Public Mobile SIM Card you can do so directly from the Public Mobile Website or you can also order from Amazon.

81WQ4bfTvUL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Priority

They'll have no choice but to bring e-SIM to existing Public accounts when phones move to e-SIM entirely in Canada. I truly believe it is happening with the iPhone 15.

Alot of people buy new phones and use them with off Contract plans, like myself. Say I got an iPhone 15 and wasn't able to use it with Public Mobile because it didn't have a SIM Card slot I'd be very unhappy, so I think Apple will force Telus to work on that. 

Fingers crossed, only a few months away. 🤞

Lijo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I use my old telus Sim card to do this?

trex1989
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. Yeah I just made an account today and activate an esim. Hopefully they fix the esim solution since it’s likely the iPhone 15 may not have a sim slot and switching providers just to use the phone seems very odd. 

Priority

Unfortunately e-SIM isn't available for current accounts, therefore If you need to transfer your e-SIM it is not possible. You'll have no choice but to switch to a Physical SIM Card until e-SIM Is introduced to everyone likely in September with the iPhone 15.

Need Help? Let's chat.